Friday, April 5, 2013

11th Letter: "Conference is coming!! :)"


Ah life is great my family!! :) I honestly can't believe that it is already April!! Thats crazy!!! Thank you all for all of your letters and pictures!! I love pictures keep them coming!! Amanda the package was perfect!! Thank you soooo much everything looks great, and it was desperately needed!! Thank you Dad for the Red Sox's update, it made my day! They are going to do work this year!! :) It's good to hear that you guys had a great Easter, it sounds like you had a fun time with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure you guys are as excited for Conference as I am, but ah it is going to be great!! I am sooo excited!! We have been working really hard spreading the word and trying to get everyone to come hear the words of our prophet. They are broadcasting everything from our building here in Alamo so that weill be great! Hopefully everyone will come. I forgot to tell you that when I was in the MTC KSL news came and videoed our table eating and I was like a close up!! They said that they were airing it in between the Saturday sessions so watch it if your in Salt Lake!! Video it on your phone haha So the 15th of this month is the mission temple trip! Im super pumped for that!! I miss the temple sooo much, it will be great to go back. And the 20th an apostle is coming to speak to the Los Lunas stake only, we dont know who it is but its guaranteed someone from the twelve. And then after the meeting he is meeting with the missionaries of the Los Lunas stake. So thats like only 20 missionaries!! And I am one of them! I am so excited for whoever it is. Anyways April is just going to be a really exciting and fun month. Along with our 3 scheduled bap dates it should be hectic but a good hectic!! So...I have been doing really good these weeks keep getting better and better, I really love Alamo and the Navajo culture. It's great!! Easter here is like the biggest celebration ever and nobody knows why. We ask them what the purpose of Easter is, and they are just like.... to party?!.... ha nope. Navajos look for any excuse to celebrate and to butcher a sheep. And that leads to the most interesting thing I have eaten out here... SO they eat literally everything off the sheep, nothing goes to waste from the head to the toe. So "son of a gun" is all of the throat, tougne and ?esthofogas? thrown in a pot and cooked, its actually pretty good, I just prettended that it was cooked onions. Then there is somthing called "twister" now that is nasty!! it is the small intestine wraped in fat.... ugh not my favorite. Haha but its all in the experience. Other than that I haven't eaten anything too crazy whenever we go over to a members house to eat they always feed us hamburgers and hot dogs haha. Oh but I am in love with green chillie!!!! It is the best, but it is probably killing my insides. Im protected hopefully. haha
 
So this Friday we have a scheduled baptism with Anita, I'm praying that everything works out. She is great!! The investigator has to come to church twice befor they can be baptized and she said that her ride wasnt available on Sunday so she hitch hiked to church!! It was awesome to see that desire that she has to do what she feels is right now. Her interview is tonight and as long as there isn't any problems there then hopefully we are home free. :) I'll keep praying! Im super excited for her!! 
 
Terrie is still slowly progressing and should hopefully be baptized next Saturday!! She is still struggling with the loss of her boyfriend of 40 years. So I just keep praying that she can continue to have that desire to be baptized and that she will recieve strength from doing so.

Other than that the work is still progressing, we are really workin with getting our less actives to church. We have toooons of less actives, most of them say that they cant come because they dont have a ride, so we say that the Croft's will give them a ride, and then they just say yaaa.... and dont act to thrilled. So we are trying to recindle that fire inside of them. Ah There is so much work to be done in Alamo its exhausting, but so worth it. I really pray that I can make some sort of differnce on this area before I leave. I know that If I just do everything that I can and work my butt of that it will happen. We have a fortune cookie in our truck dash board that says "Happiness is often a rebound from hard work" I know that to be true, since it seems like my whole like has been hard work, but I have been happy doing it... for the most part.

So this last P-day we went on another hike searching for arrowheads. That was fun! I didnt find any, but the hiking trails are way cool and fun. I'm trying to hike all that I can before all of the snakes and turantulas come out. I haven't seen any, thank goodness!! Huh Grandma?! (I think I get my phobia from her) But they say that they all come out at the first thunderstorm. So I'm praying that, that doesnt happen till about July or August haha Im mostly scared because the nearest hospital is 2 hours away and there is no cell service in most parts of Alamo so if someone gets bitten then they are pretty much a goner. So keep praying for my safety too! :)
Scripture of the week: My favorite scripture! Omni 1:26 :)
 
Well that is all that I have for ya this week. I'm doing great and hope that it continues, It's hard alot of the time, but it's great most of the time also. :) Time really is just flying by, Im just trying to cherish every moment. Keep me in your prayers and let Bo know that I love and miss him!! You guys are the greatest!! Try to send me Stevos letters, I wonder how he is doing. 
 
Take Care,
Love Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment