Wednesday, March 27, 2013

10th Letter: "Another day in the life of a Res Rat"


Dear Family!
Another week has just flown by!! It's good to hear that everyone is doing good!! Im not too surprised to hear that Zac is working the day that your moving them, It sounds pretty familar to me!! haha thats funny. Dad will have to lift that couch by himself without me there. It will give him a hernia!! So I am doing really good Elder Lish and I are continuing to work really hard. We had 27 lessons last week which is amazing!! I'm loving it and am becoming more and more comfortable teaching everyday. We are having alot of success and are seeing others develop that relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It's such a blessing to see. We had alot of really cool experiences, but I'm struggling to remember them today... :(
We set another baptism date with an old lady named Flora(probably in her 70's which is really old for Navajos). Its more of a saving ordinance for her. Thats mean, but she is really old and sick. She will never really be able to come to church because of her condition, but she knows John 3:5 so she says that I need to be baptized. So we will baptize her. I'm excited for her though.
Anita is still progressing towards her baptism date of next Saturday. She knows that she needs to be baptized and feels the love of her Heavenly Father when she is doing what is right. I'm so excited for her and love her so much. She is such a sweet lady. This gospel will bless her life so much and she deserves it. She has a really big family that is all interested in the church too, but at the same time they are kinda scared of us. She says that everytime she comes home from church they run over to her and ask what secret combinations do they do over there?! Haha she just tells them that its normal, and invites them to come with her next time.

Terry is also still progressing, she came to church this last Sunday. Which is a huge step forward, she hasnt come to church in a couple years, and she said that she had a great experience and felt the Holy Ghost comfort her. As she is dealing with the loss of her boyfriend/husband Billy. We are really just trying to let her know that the Holy Ghost will be with her and to help serve as a comforter through these difficult times and she desires that and understands that it will. I know it will and I am so excited to see her progress towards baptism.
So the work is still going forward, we are working our butts off everyday. I'm so tired. I feel like I haven't slept since January 22nd! But I'm more that happy to be the Lords missionary, and to give up this sleep.
So this last Monday we went on a pretty legit hike with the Croft's. We hiked North Baldy in Magdalena. It was pretty intense, but It was such an amazing view from the top, we could basically see ABQ from up there.
It's hard to believe that March is almost over, it seems like it just barely started! Time really does fly on the mish!! Thanks for sending the package, ill look forward to getting it tomorrow!! :) Thanks for all that you do!! I really do love and appreciate it!! Missions aren't easy, but everything that you do makes it easier. 
Scripture: I have been reading in Mosiah about King Benjamins teachings, its so awesome and it seems like the Book of Mormons general conference. I challenge you to read over them before conference, there are so many great council in them. Mosiah 2-5
I love you all soooo much!! Take Care!
Love Elder Barrus
P.S
I sent you a link to a video of the senior couple in Alamo before I got here. I know and teach most everyone in the video. Thats Alamo for you!!
enjoy https://www.lds.org/callings/missionary/senior?lang=eng (click on link then scroll over until you get to Elder and Sister Blanchard)  

No comments:

Post a Comment