Wednesday, March 20, 2013

9th Letter: "Yah'teh family!!!"


Dear Family,
Wow, I saw this every week, but I cant believe that I am writing you again already!! It is really good to hear that all y'all are doing really good, I really appreciate the scriptures that you guys sent, Im excited to look them up! Please make it a habit for when you write me, id really appreciate it!! :) I have had another really good week!!! We have just kept really busy in the work, devoting ourselves to the will of the Lord. Before I got to Alamo the work had been a literal standstill for the last couple years, but since I've been here it has really taken off. We have potential investigators everywhere and they have all been really receptive to the gospel. All of our so called eternigators are progressing, and are gaining a testimony of this gospel, and the need for baptism. It's really incredible to see the spirit work on them and giving them the desire to do what is right. 
 
So we finally got a hold of Margarita again since I last set a baptismal date with her, today. I guess she has been on vacation and out of town, every time we went over. I'm just really glad that we have got back in contact with her. We had a really good lesson with her and reminder he about the Holy Ghost that was touching her to be baptized last time we saw her, and she was really receptive and said that she still has that desire to be baptized. So we will set a future date next time. Probably Mid- April. So I'm happy about that!! :)
 
So this last Sunday we had 6 investigators at Sacrement meeting!! Thats a good thing right?! haha Well of course our Branch Pres was gone, the 1st counselor was gone and the 2nd counselor moved away..... so the High Priest group leader conducted, but that was only because the teacher and deacons quorem presidents were gone also!! Or else they would have conducted. That would have been good to see a 12 year old boy conducting sacrement meeting huh? ha But thats not all it was High Council Sunday and we all know how boring and how deep they can get (no offence Dad) ;) Anyways he started talking about all of this deep doctrine that really made me start to sweat... I was convinced that they were all going to just walk out. ha He started talking about if Adam and Eve would have partook of the tree twice how bad that would have been!! I was so upset.... most Navajo's dont even know that they partook of the tree once!!! haha The whole sacrement meeting I was just praying that they could feel the spirit and know that this is the true church.
 
So one of our eternigators by the name of Anita (sweetest 50 year old lady you could meet) came to church for the first time, she came an hour early for some reason and just sat in the parking lot waiting for us. She said that she almost convinced herself to leave a couple times, but never did. Thankfully! She had a really good experience, she has a lot of friends in the branch and I think that really made her feel comfortable. But anyways this leads to the awesome day that we had yesterday!! We went to check up on her to see how she liked church and if she had any questions. As soon as we got there she started just talking away for about 30 min straight...Then she started crying about her parents dying in her arms, which really brought the spirit in. We then asked her about church and what she thought. She said that she really liked it and guess what?! She said that she really liked the High Councelors talk and said that she could tell that everything that he said was true. I was shocked, but very happy!! We then invited her to baptism on April 6th and she accepted!! She is very promising and I am so excited for her, she is great!! After the lesson she asked for a blessing because she has been dealing with arthrightous or however you spell it... And she asked me to give it. So I was giving her the blessing and she just started crying hysterically... thats all I remember about the blessing. But afterwards she was like "I felt like I was Jesus." I literally felt like I was him... I was kinda confused, but we explained to her that he is really close to her and loves and is so proud of the decisions that she is making. Goodness that was a really cool experience!! She has also been an investigator for years. It is amazing to see them progressing. :)
 
Next is a lady by the name of Terry(late 50's), she has also been an investigator for years. She has been held back from progressing because of her boyfriend of 30 years who just passed away. He didnt allow her to be baptized or to listen to the missionaries eventhough she had a desire to do so. But she has been grieving for a while since he has passed away. So we just really focused on how the Holy Ghost serves as a comforter and can get her through this hard time. And invited her to be baptized on April 13th and she accepted!! :) The work is going forward I am just blessed to be appart of it!!
 
We have many other investigators who are progressing and hoping to set a bap date with soon! It's great to she how blessed their lives are from starting to live the gospel! And see them grow closer to the Lord, what a blessing it is!! :)

Scripture for the week: "Heleman 5:12 which rock are you built upon" or how strong is your rock? How can you make it stronger?
 
I love you soooo much family!! Thanks for all that you do for me!! Please keep the letters and the emails coming!! :)
 
Take Care
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment