Saturday, October 12, 2013

38th Letter: "Family!! :)"


Dear Family, 
Well my family I cant believe that conference has come and gone!! I am always very sad to see it go, but it sure was amazing. The spirit that they teach with is undeniable that they are prophets and apostles and truly called of God to lead us in the way that He would want us to go. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He is unchanging He has worked the same way always, He speaks to us just as He has spoken to His children in days of old. Truly is a testimony to me of His great plan of happiness that he has for all of His children not just those that lived in the days of Moses or Noah, but rather ALL. I loved all of the talks this conference but I especially caught on to those repeating topics. Of such included that of a sin is still a sin even if it is legalized by man. Definitely a topic that a lot of members of the church still question and try to justify I feel. Also the topic of the importance of all members and missionaries being united in this great hastening of the work. It is so important that we are all looking for these wonderful missionary opportunities and are taking advantage of them. The Lord is preparing so many of his children at this time! Never has there been a greater need to do missionary work than now!! We may give our selves excuses saying that oh I live in Idaho and everyone is either Mormon or else they have been bugged by Mormons before, well they haven't been bugged by this Mormon!! Now that I look back on my life before my mission I realize how many wonderful opportunities that I had to share the gospel, but I just didnt speak up and do it!! Please dont make the same mistake that I did, you miss out on too many blessings!!
Well I have been doing great! I have still been super tired, but I have learned how to just deal with it and keep going, which isn't easy but the blessings are rewarding. I promise you that I wouldnt be doing this if I didnt know that this gospel is true with all my heart, and that the priesthood power truly has been restored to the earth! If I didnt know that this was true trust me I would much rather be watching the Red Soxs right now, but I know that this message carries an eternal importance and can change lives because I have seen it change mine.
As far as whats been going on here..... Umm not too much we neglected getting our exchanges done with the DL till later now and we have to have them done before transfers so we have been hustling to get those done. I will actually be on one tomorrow and I will be with an Elder that they email on Tuesdays so I will write more to you tomorrow.
I love you so much eternal family!! GO spread this wonderful message!! 
Love 
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment