Sunday, December 22, 2013

47th Letter: "Christmas gift!!!! :o"


Dear Family, 
Hey y'all it is very grand to be here writing you again!! There is peace for the soul every time that I hear from you all. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good and that you all are looking forward to Christmas!! Which makes sense!! I am looking forward to it myself, because I have a pretty awesome family that I get to skype!! :) So I will probably do Google plus again though, it worked pretty well last time, and President Miller approved it. So it looks like we will most likely be doing it around 6:30pm or 7. Elder Black has some family coming later so that's why. I will let you know more set in stone next P-day.
Well I have doing well, been kind of stressed to be honest. Last week was really tough as far as the work was concerned. There has been allot of drama within the zone and Satan is really attacking us right now, and the fighting back process has been really draining both physically and spiritually!! So this P-day was very needed, I am really looking forward to letting loose and playing some b-ball today. It was weird because throughout all of the stress we had one of the best weeks within our area that we have had in a while. We were able to set a baptism date with an awesome 10 year old named Emery! His mom is a less active member of the church, that has gone through allot. Emery is looking solid to make the date he is just going out of town for Christmas and wont be back for a while so his date isn't until Jan 18th, but his Grandpa is coming from California to do it. We are looking pretty promising to be setting a couple more baptism dates this upcoming week as well so we are excited.
A somewhat funny thing has happened to me recently. I was reading my patriartical blessing a couple weeks ago and there is a part that says I will have experiences with atheists and unbelievers throughout my life, and that I will have opportunities to boldly declare the gospel. And when I read this I was like "I have never talked or had an experience like that." Since that moment I have talked and been able to teach 3 different atheist. It was kind of a surreal experience to me, It was like Heavenly Father was confirming to me the divinity of my patriartical blessing. :)
So a crazy opportunity that I never thought I would have on my mission is happening this Thursday. Elder Black and I got asked to teach at UNM the world religion class, we talked to the professor and he told us that we will have 3 hours to teach whatever we would like. "He was like I dont know what you can tell about what happens inside the temple but that is pretty interesting..." ha wow not happening. So needless to say we are pretty nervous but excited for the opportunity. We are following a Rabi so the class will be asleep when we come in, the spirit is going to overcome them. It will be just like the Book of Mormon.
Well I will see you all in a week!! :) I love you all a ton and miss you like crazy! Elder Foster of the seventy came to our Zone Conference on Saturday and really instilled something in me and that was that "these are my days", this is the only time in my life that I will be able to fully devote myselft to the Lord as a missionary, and to make the most of my days. So every morning I wake up and look myself in the mirror and say, "These are my days". I am so grateful that they are my days!!
Love 
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment