Thursday, February 20, 2014

57th Letter: "New Transfer!!"

Dear Family, 

Transfer day is officially the most tiring days of my life! I am exhausted, there is so much going on!! I will give you an overview of a bit of what has happened. 5:30 wake up and get ready, we have to be at the Transfer site at7:00am to make it to the leadership meeting that is before the actual meeting which starts at 7:30am. So I recieved a new companion whose name is Elder Doutre. I will be training him as a ZL. He has been out about 10 months now and he is from Sandy, Utah. So far so good he seems like a really great missionary so I am pretty excited. Its pretty crazy having the responsibility of training him, its hard because there is so much that goes into being a ZL that I don't know where to start. But I am very excited! It is going to be an awesome experience!! Just have to trust sometimes that the Lord knows what he is doing in all of this!! I have said this time and time again throughout my mission, but the Lord never lets you feel "comfortable" as a missionary. He is constantly pushing and pulling you trying to help you become better. I definitely am very willing, but all of this pushing and pulling is really making me tired! Haha what did I sign up for?! :)
Something that I did not expect to find out this morning is that my son Elder Gibson got made a Zone Leader, and his new companion is Elder Lish!! So my father will be training my son to be a zone leader, haha it is crazy I did not see it coming. Its pretty cool though 3 generations of Zone Leaders. Elder Gibson will do a great job I am excited for him. Also today they made a new zone down in El Paso and its an english zone leader area so now there is the possibilty that I could go to El Paso at some point!
Well that has pretty much been my day! Love you tons family take care!! :) 
Love,
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment