Friday, July 19, 2013

26th Letter: "ANYBODY have a tie I can burn?! ;)"

Dear Family,
Hey everyone here I am again.... its so weird how fast these weeks go by, I swear I was just sitting here!! I have been doing great though! It has been kind of a roller coaster ride transfer and it seems as though I am back on the way up! I just hope It stays up there this time. District Meetings have been going really good even though they have been kind of stressed me out because my last week I had the ZL's at it and this week I have the AP's and President and Sister Miller coming!! So I am going to try super hard to make it a good one! It is on the Doctrine of Christ so a pretty amazing topic, I hope I give it justice. I have really enjoyed being District Leader, it has been a lot of extra work, but the Lord has definitely blessed me in return. So this last week.... hmm
 
So last Wednesday I had my interview with President, and it went great. He is super awesome!! Super funny guy that is definitely a man of God. Ha he gave the AP's his credit card and told them to go get the nicest up to date Ipad that they could get!! That is just the type of guy that he is!! 
 
Savannah and Ronnie saga is on going.... has made me exhausted, Ronnie I don't think will ever be able to change because his brain is so fried, but Savannah is really progressing!! She has changed a ton lately and wants to get baptized so bad! She is going to the court house tomorrow to get a marriage license and then she can make her baptism date of August 3rd.
 
Vince, Flora and Clarina are progressing as well and look good to be baptized in the near future. They have been coming to church, the only thing that has been holding us back from getting them in the water is actually being able to teach them! They are never home!! :(
 
We had a great morning this morning as we went and saw one of our investigators Scott Apachito, we had a solid Plan of Salvation lesson with him and set a baptism date in August. The work is really starting to progress here in Alamo. As I am feeling more confident with the baptism dates that we have set!! I thank God for the success that he is putting before us. 
 
Oh and Sunday went amazing!! Anita and Norna gave the 2 best talks that I have heard since I have been in Alamo. They have amazing testimonies that I have ever heard!! I couldn't help but smile during their talks. That is what makes a missionary smile, is seeing your converts up saying how much this gospel has blessed and changed my life!! Hilbert received the Aaronic priesthood as well which was just a cherry on top!! :)
 
Thanks to all for the emails this week!! I love you guys more than you can even know!! This gospel is true, it is what brings us true "peace" and happiness!!! 
Love Elder Barrus
 
Scripture: Alma 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment