Friday, July 26, 2013

27th Letter: "Familia!! :)"

Well I blinked and here I am again writing to the best family in the world!! Seriously it is so crazy how fast these weeks are going by!! But I just want to thank everyone again for the time that you take out of your busy lives to write me, I really appreciate it and I really need it!! I love being able to read your emails and find out how you are doing. It is amazing how much of an emotional boost that gives me to keep going, by just hearing that you guys are doing good!! :) SO THANK YOU!! Anyways I have been doing really really good!! I just keep moving forward with faith and in love for this marvelous work!! SO an update for this last week lets see....
So I found out that instead of putting in two sets of missionaries in Socorro they only put one and it is a set of sisters!!! OH no huh?! ha Yeah they have nicknamed me "Relief Society President" and out district the "triple date district"...... It will be interesting, but I think it is just what Socorro needs. The Elders there had no success really, a lot to deal with their attitude towards the work, so I think this will really benefit the area with the change. Both of the sisters seem to be pretty hard working too.
Also found out that I will be in Alamo and DL for another 6 weeks!! Which makes me happy!! Figured I was staying, but still you never know until you get the phone call.
So I most humbly say that my district meeting last week with the AP's was the bomb!! Ha it went really well, I was pretty nervous going into it cause I didn't want to embarrass myself, so I was desperately praying for the spirits help!! And it truly was there!! I did it on the Doctrine of Christ, amazing topic. I printed off Elder Christoffersons talk titled the Doctrine of Christ from April 2012 conf. and we went through it together. And now this week President Miller is coming to DM.... I cant catch a break!! I'm going to be doing it on: "Developing the attitude/ willingness to change as a missionary and on "Relying on the Spirit" I am actually pretty excited for it as I have been preparing for it!!
As far as the work is concerned out here in Alamo... things are going great! We taught 38 lessons last week and had 5 new investigators, 6 investigators at church... And I am hoping for 5 baptisms in August. With Savannah Secatero starting us off on the 3rd. Ha she is getting her marriage license on the 1st (when she gets paid) and married that night by President Stephens... then the baptism 2 days later!! AH they can never be easy, but they are always worth it. Getting her baptized has been one of my goals before I leave Alamo. She has been an investigator for 5 years....
Well my tie burning experience last night was a success!! ha I never thought that the day would come!! I will send home my SD card probably tomorrow. Its funny the first picture on the card is of Elder Lish burning his 6 month tie and the last one on the card is of me burning mine! :)
Well I best be going. Know that I love you so much family!! Your the greatest!! Thanks for all that you do!!
Love Elder Barrus
"Till I blink again"
Scripture: Ether 12:27 "If men come unto me...."

No comments:

Post a Comment