Friday, July 19, 2013

24th Letter: "Hey!!! President Miller Jr."

Dear Family,
Hey Family guess what it is July!! Must be a joke right? Man it is impossible for me to keep track of time out here on the mission. I guess when you are just constantly busy that is how it goes. Ever since I have had more responsibilities it seems that I never even have time to look at the watch to see what time it is let alone what day it is! Its a good thing though. Well I think everyone is doing pretty well as far as I know! I have only been out for 5 months and the quality of your guys letters are dropping ha except for Tiff and Mom. You guys must not have anything really to tell me. No news is good news I guess. But I enjoy talking to you guys while I am on though, I just don't know what to talk about, and you guys don't either I don't think ha That's how it goes I guess. I know you guys have been really busy though so I understand. :) Cause I have been too.
 
Well what has been new in my mission life.... lets see. Well we are teaching more lessons that we ever have upper 30's and we are finding those that the Lord is preparing for us everyday! I think I told you guys last week about Cindy Garcia and her family! I am super excited to teach them the gospel. She has a 11 year old daughter that is a genius and super nice! She would go on a mission if she could! Pray for them! I really want them to receive the joys of the gospel. 
Other than all that we met the new President Miller yesterday and man is he a stud!! I love the old President Miller a ton he was the man too and taught me so much. But this Miller has a bounce in his step and loves to laugh!! He was cracking jokes throughout the whole meeting and has a great spirit about him!! Definitely a man of God. New Sister Miller was super nice too, her smile radiated and it would make you smile just looking at it ha I am super excited to work with them!!
 
Also I was blessed with one of the greatest blessings of my mission this last week as we found out that we are aloud to go to the wellness center in Alamo!! It is way nice and has a basketball court and weight room!! Plus it is free!! Since I have been here I have been told that it was Navajo only but I guess not they welcomed us pretty good!! I will have to get back in the basketball grove of things on P-days! Also a great way to find new investigators.
 
Well I am doing great!! I'm loving life and have enjoyed training Elder Gibson. I have been teaching him everything that I know which isn't much but hopefully it is enough!! No but we are doing great.
 
Hope you guys all have a wonderful 4th of July!! Navajos don't really celebrate it because we kinda stole their freedom!! It was kind of awkward on Sunday when we sung all of the patriotic songs. Lets just say none of the Navajos sang! Still a little bitter. Anyways Love you all!!
 
Elder Barrus
 
Scripture: Jacob 5:72 story of the vineyard.... I love it, I finally understood it for the first time this last Thursday at Scripture Study. I love this verse because it says that the Lord will go down into the vineyard with his servants (missionaries) this last time to prune the vineyard! And he truly is I see it everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment