Wednesday, June 26, 2013

23rd Letter: "FAMILY..."

Dear Family,
Here I am again... just another boring letter probably ha But I'll keep writing anyways. Well first off it is good to hear that y'all are doing great!! Makes me happy! :) I have been doing pretty good myself. Last week was probably one of my best weeks of my mission. It was amazing everywhere I turned I saw the Lords hand in the work. Saturday went great we had all 4 be baptized, I baptized Norna and Hilbert and Elder Croft baptized Terri and Lee. It was such an amazing experience. But what touched me even more than the baptism was the next day when they received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I don't know if I have ever felt the spirit so strong in my life. I gave Norna and Terri the Holy Ghost, and man the spirit was just radiating in the room!! Plus we had the largest sacrament meeting since I have been here. And just random people came, which was amazing. Ha oh and you wont believe what happened! I played the piano!..... Well it played itself, but I sat and pressed the button!! :) Well words cant really describe what all has been going on here.

Man wasn't that meeting on Sunday great?! Did you guys get to watch it? Man it pumped me up and was another testimony to me that we are in a really special time of the history of the world. "Never before has there been a greater need to do missionary work", and it is because the Lord truly is preparing his children to receive his gospel! I know it! Because I am apart of it and I see it everyday! We are living in a very choice time, and each of us missionary or not has been called to preach the gospel by a modern day prophet. So do it, search for those in your lives that the Lord has prepared member or non-member. I cherish those less-actives that I have helped come back into the fold of God. Oh and I am not too sure how the ipad and facebook thing is going to work out, Elder Eco-hawk is coming on Saturday, and I wouldn't be surprised if he talks about it. 
 
Well I am doing great my family!! I was a little concerned on who the next baptism was going to be after this last weekend, but the Lord reassured me that our work isn't done. And we found an awesome family yesterday that I can tell the Lord has been preparing. This truly is the Lords work and he is trusting us with his children what a great responsibility that I have. I thank the Lord for it each day and pray that I am doing it in a pleasing manner unto him.
 
Know that I love you all so much. Thanks for your support and prayers!
Love Elder Barrus
P.s Alma 29:1-2 :) 
and I kind of went at it with a preacher today who was telling me to stop teaching his congregation. I told him that I believe that the spirit teaches us the truth of all things not the philosophies of man. He said that he believed the same thing. I said good so lets see what the spirit will teach them to do. ;) Love my calling
 
and I will be hopefully writing some letters soon. Especially to you guys G&G sorry it has been a while, and thanks for the letter!! Happy late birthday Grandpa, Uncle Bart, and Chelsea


No comments:

Post a Comment