Sunday, June 16, 2013

21st Letter: "...wow this is weird"


Dear Family,
Well here I am again, another week has come and gone. And man am I tired. It has been a crazy week, seems like I am going 100 miles an hour, and cant slow down. I'm just glad that I don't have to do this by myself. I feel the Lords help strengthening and giving my the confidence going forward. I am still in shock that I am a District Leader and that I am training..(all the missionaries call it a STD haha Senior Trainer District Leader) not the best name. Its super weird I feel like someone should be telling me what to do not the other way around!! I truly am being guided by the spirit in what I do. I don't know what I would be doing without it. But my new comp is Elder Gibson from Shelley Idaho haha another Idaho boy. Great missionary, has a great desire to get out and do the work. And really wants to learn. So I can work with that.
 
Last Saturday we had a baptism!! Only Rechunda Secatero, but it was still amazing!! Lee Tsosie had to postpone his baptism till the 22nd because he went out of town. So it looks like him and Norna and Hilbert along with Terri Apachito should all be baptized on the 22nd. So that should be an amazing day. What an amazing experience it was though to baptize someone. Ha man the spirit was so strong. And I just had an overwhelming experience of the spirit comforting my and telling me that my hard work is paying off.
 
Well yeah the work here in Alamo is moving right along. Less actives are coming back to church and our investigators are progressing towards baptism. Its so great to be apart of the work out here in Alamo.

I am growing so much and can see my testimony grow more and more each day. I wouldn't change this experience for anything. This truly is the work of the Lord and of no one else. I am but a menial part in bringing it to pass. I know that if I just continue to move forward with faith and with the desire to serve with all my heart that he will continue to bless me with success. All he asks of us is to have a willing heart, and he will make up for the rest. How true this church is and how blessed we truly are to be apart of it. Let us never forget that.
 
Thanks for all that you guys do for me. I feel your continual prayers for me daily!! Thank you!!

Love Elder Barrus
 
Scripture: Listen to Elder Hollands talk this last conference. LDS.org..... Plus if there is any way I don't know if there is but if there is, could you find a way to get me a bunch of his talks on CD I love them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment