Sunday, June 16, 2013

20th Letter: "Crazy STUFF"


Dear Family,
Here we are in June.... Wow crazy!! Well I am doing really good!! My heart has been beating extra fast today, but I am doing good!! President Miller called us this morning and told me that I am pregnant!! My first Son!! I'm super excited for that! But I was about to say goodbye to President and he was like "I would also like to call you to be District Leader over your district"..... heart skipped a beat or two. I am so nervous but excited. The Lord really does know how to stretch us doesn't he? I know that this is going to be a huge learning experience for me and I am super excited to grow as a missionary. It definitely is going to be a trying experience though. Socorro's numbers have been really bad and now I have the responsibility of not only my numbers but theirs. So yeah and that's not all my Dad Elder Lish got a Zone Leader call!! ha he was so scared!! He has never left Alamo and was only a DL for one transfer!! Haha that's going to be fun for him!! He will be great. I'm super sad that we wont be together any longer. We have become super good friends and have loved serving together. So we have to go to ABQ tonight and will be there until Friday night. Tomorrow Elder Lish has a ZL training from 8-3 so I will be going with a Spanish elder on exchanges during that time. And he is a biking missionary ha that should be fun!! Then at 3:30 I have a Trainer meeting at the mission home till 5. And on Friday we have Zone Training in Los Lunas. So yeah It is going to be pretty crazy till next Tuesday when I get my new greenie.
 
So as far as the missionary work is going out here and Alamo.... Its been going really good. Lee Tsousi and Richinda Secatero are being baptized on Saturday. And me and Elder Lish will be baptizing Richinda, that will be an experience. She is stuck in a wheel chair. Norna and Hilberts date got pushed back to the 22nd. Hilbert has some issues with coffee, but he says that he is through with it!! And they asked me to baptize them! Im so excited for them. Terri Apachito's new date is for the 22nd and she gave us all of her coffee so that was a huge step hopefully she doesn't relapse. I bought her some Pero hopefully she will get hooked on that. Savannah and Lee Davis are also for the 22nd so that should be a good day too!!

Well I have a long day ahead of me. But I love you all so much!! Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support that you give me. You guys mean the world to me!!
 
Love Elder Barrus (Mosiah 24:14 Scripture I flipped to this morning, helped me a lot)

No comments:

Post a Comment