Thursday, May 30, 2013

19th Letter: "Wow.. Its almost June!!"

Dear Family,
I'm back again, man has May flown by or what? But I have sure loved it!! Definitely been the best transfer of my mission so far!! We have been seeing the hand of the Lord in the work everyday!! There has been a ton of success coming in Alamo recently. We have 5 baptisms set for this Saturday. (Pray that all 5 will make it!!) And then 2 set for the 22nd of June. And It seems like everyone else that isn't on date right now will soon be, as they are praying for their answers. But anyways it sounds like everything is going great for you all which makes me happy!! Thanks everyone for the birthday presents they mean a lot, that you would take the time to send this little ole guy out in Alamo New Mexico a present. I had a great birthday spreading the gospel! Couldn't have asked to do anything else!! But back to what has been going on out here...
 
Norna and Hilbert are looking very solid for June 8th baptism. I am sooooooo excited for them, we had an amazing experience this morning as we went over to teach them and saw that they weren't home but had a note left for us on the door. They aren't married and so that was the only thing keeping them from baptism right now. And so the note said that they have left to visit someone at the hospital and to do some shopping, but at the end they invited us to their wedding ceremony tonight at 6!! then said "Love Mr and Mrs Hilber Apachito. :)(huge smiley face!!!) Words cannot describe the joy that I felt. So June 8th I hope!! They have 2 cute little kids.
 
Terri Apachito, the one that is probably the most shaky for June 8th, but I am sure she will make it!! Just keep praying for her!!
 
Richinda Secatero, she is looking great for the 8th. She is pretty poor health wise so it will be a tough baptism, but all will be well.
 
Lee Tsousie, we set him on date last week. He was baptized years ago, but they lost his records. And he has been meeting with the missionaries for the last 10 years and hasn't given in to be re-baptized until Elder Croft became his neighbor and best friend. Ha He is a great guy. Amazing mechanic too. Should come work for Dad.
 
Savannah, finally got back in with Savannah and set anther date with her for the 22nd. She has really been struggling with a lot of things, but she has refocused and hopefully wont turn back.
 
Lee Davis Apachito, a goofy guy ha don't know what to say about him too much. But we set a date with him for the 22nd as well.
 
But I have had so many very spiritual moments this last week. First probably on our hike that we went on with the Crofts on Monday. We went to Hop Canyon again, beautiful hike. But at one point during the hike I was just pondering on my whole life in general and all of the blessings that I have been given, amazing parents, wonderful siblings that have set amazing examples for me, Grandparents who have devoted their life to the service of others. How blessed I have truly been. Then I was just overwhelmed by the spirit, who just confirmed to me my Heavenly Fathers love that he has for me individually. Something Dad said towards the beginning of my mission that has stuck with me, is just that, that he knows and cares about each of us. That He knows are worries are pains are sorrows, and desires to help us!! 
 
Another experience was at FHE I was in charge of the lesson and did it on President Eyrings amazing talk. And on my favorite hymn "Abide with me tis' eventide". What a powerful message is in it. Something that I apply to my life is if I am desiring my Savior to abide with me? And is there anything in my life that I am doing that is not allowing his spirit to abide with me?
 
Last is every time that I read from "Jesus the Christ", that book is simply amazing! If you desire to learn more about your Savior then read it. He truly has set the perfect example for each of us and we aren't going to know what that is unless we learn what he has done!! One insight that really touched me the other day when reading was when Elder Talmage was relating the experience in Matt 16:15-17, I love verse 17. So powerful.
 
Well I better be off!! Know that I love each of you so much!! How happy I am to be apart of this great work!! Take Care.
 
Oh and my days are numbered with Elder Lish end of transfer is the 11th of June. Find out who is leaving on the 8th. He will leave wet haha lucky dog! I'll miss him.

Love your friend Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment