Tuesday, May 14, 2013

16th Letter: "OH MOTHER'S DAY IS SOON! :)"


Dear Family!!
How are y'all? I'm doing great!! Just out here in Alamo working hard!! I am really having a hard time keeping track of all of these days!! I'm still kinda in shock that I will be able to see your guy's faces on Sunday!! Sometimes I forget that I even have a family or that I was ever a normal kid at home. It seems like missionary work has been my life!! Ha Its going to really seem crazy when I'm a year out huh?! ha Well it sounds like all is going well with you guys!! That good. Keep up the good work!! Thanks Dad for sending me Stephens letters, sounds like that goober is doing pretty good!! Spencer finally popped the question huh? that's good they will be great together. Things around here are pretty much the same just preaching the gospel everyday of my life!! I love it!! So I'll just update you a little bit on what has been going on in the Alamo, even though I will talk to you on Sunday. 
 
So an update on Anita!! She is great!! Solid member of the church. She is our Navajo Mom. She told us that we are the only missionaries that she has liked. It is going to be really hard to leave her when I leave the area. She was mad at us on Sunday because we forgot to tell her that it was testimony meeting before...that was her excuse. But she said that she would have borne her testimony if she would have known. But every time we go over to teach her she always thanks us non stop and says that we have changed her life!! Ah I love her. She was a great convert to start the mission. I'm pretty positive that she will be going through the temple a year from now. I will be able to go if she does!! :) 
 
Ronnie and Savannah came to church on Sunday, and Ronnie met with the branch president which was good. But I'm pretty sure that he might be relapsing... I hope not, but they are kind of ignoring us now... We are going to continue to pray and go over and help them the best we can. Last visit they said that they will work on getting married, which is the only thing holding Savannah back from baptism. I hope everything will work out good. Just have to trust in the Lord at this point.
 
We have quite a few other investigators that are progressing towards baptism really well. One of which we hope to set a baptism date with in a couple of hours. Its a single dad of 2. They are great, not the normal Navajos. (I absolutely love all Navajos, but they actually understand what we are talking about) They have really been a focus in my prayers and studies. Please pray for them to accept the gospel. Roger Apachito and Roger Jr., Aria Apachito...... I don't know why, but I have a deep interest in them right now. I contacted Roger in the Alamo store about a month ago while Elder Lish was on exchanges in Socorro. He lives in Mag, and it definitely was the Lords hand in having us meet that day.
 
But I will talk to you more on Sunday of course!! :) Cant wait to see y'all!! Take care and know that I love ya!! You are the greatest!!
 
Love Elder Barrus
 
Scripture: D&C:11.... I have been reading Jesus the Christ like crazy!! That book is amazing I cant put it down!! I cant believe how much I didn't know about Jesus. I highly recommend it. It's only 700 pages haha Im on 200. I don't know if I told you but I finished the Book of Mormon in 2 months too. Everyone knows that I am not a reader, but now I am really loving reading. Personal study is one of my favorite parts of the day. Mom probably doesn't believe me. ;) Ha I have read 200 pages of JTC and Im half way done with Our search for happiness(great book also) and I started both of them on like April 15th...... wow it flabbergasts me. haha take care bye!! TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment