Friday, June 21, 2013

22nd Letter: ":)"

Dear Family,
Here I am again.... ha I never know how to start off letters. Well I have survived my first week as senior comp and district leader. Its a miracle!! Well I am doing pretty good, I'm starting to get control of everything that is going on and do the best I can with what I got. It sounds like everything is going good for you guys... everyone seems super busy, but that's a good thing!! :) Little-T looks adorable... good job Tiff and Kel, not a bad way to start! ;) Amanda is busy taking pictures of boys in singlet's ha nothing has changed... Dad is trying to manage his busy life and Mom as well, along with taking care of Bo.(love that dog) And Zac and Chelsea have 2 kids nuff said. And little ole Nic is out here dying in the heat of New Mexico... goodness I don't know if I can last 2 years like this. I will probably look like the anorexic wild horses out here when I get off of the plane. I feel like I am constantly sweating which is a horrible feeling. The heat is super draining also, so it is hard to focus. But through it all the work has never been going better. We had a really good week last week, one of my best weeks of my mission. We set 2 more baptism dates and taught 31 lessons and had 8 new investigators. Norna and Hilbert are just itching to get into the water, so I cant wait for this Saturday to baptize them, guarantee it will probably be one of the highlights of my mission. Lee Tsosie is looking solid for Saturday as well Elder Croft is going to baptize him! haha it will be awesome. Terri Apichito is looking pretty promising to be baptized on Saturday, she just always is super busy and is way hard to catch at home. But I am keeping the faith that she will be baptized Saturday.
 
Well Elder Gibson has been good, its been an experience, but it has been good. Ha he always makes random loud noises that scares me, and doesn't talk about much other than when he worked at Jimmy Johns. I am really praying that he develops a good relationship with the Navajos because it is crucial that they like you, before they will even listen to you. I think things will work out, it just takes time. Ha I don't know what I did, but it seems like the whole res is in love with me. Ha its kinda funny I made fry bread for FHE on Monday, and it has spread throughout the whole reservation. Every ones teasing that if a gomilie can make fry bread than so can you. They loved it haha my Navajo Shi'ma Anita birthday is tomorrow and she wants me to make her Navajo tacos. Ha we will see how it turns out. That reminds me that yesterday we went over to her place and helped her sheer he sheep. Ha that was a pretty cool experience!! I have been getting really close to Anita and her family, they are really starting to trust me which could lead to a bunch of baptisms before I leave hopefully. Anita and Norna are going to make me a legit Navajo rug, which just made my whole mission they are about $1000 dollars if you want to buy one, and they are super sacred here. Man it is going to be super hard to leave this place I have just grown to really love the people!!
 
Oh I think I forgot to tell you guys, but next Saturday we are having a special conference that Elder Eco Hawk is coming to!! And there is a rumor that on that Sunday he is coming to Alamo!! I'm super excited for that, I have always enjoyed his talks.
 
Anyways thanks for the time that you guys take out to write me. It really encourages and helps me to keep going. I pray for your happiness throughout your busy lives! Thanks for the prayers that you offer for me. I feel them. I love you all so much, take care!!
Love Elder Barrus
Scripture
Alma 26:12 :) READ IT!!..... APPLY IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment