Saturday, August 10, 2013

29th Letter: "3 its a lucky number!! :)"


Dear Family!!
Hey my beloved family!! What a pleasure it is to sit down and write the greatest family in the whole world. I am doing magnificent, never been so tired both physically and mentally in my life, but I have never been happier!! Last week was super stressful, every baptism week is super stressful!! The whole week you are doing all that you can to make sure that the baptism will happen, and at the same time Satan is putting all of his forces against it. It definitely was a battle, but once again Satan can't win, and so he didn't.... what a loser. The baptisms were amazing, super strong unexplainable spirit was felt. As you guys know I have been working with Savannah my whole time here in Alamo, she has been a real struggle for me, I have felt super discouraged with her at times but never gave up. What a miracle it was to me to see her finally get married and then less than 48 hours later enter into the waters of baptism and make a covenant with God. Truly was a testimony to me that our hard work is worth it and to never give up on anybody, because Heavenly Father never forgets about them, He knows his sheep by name, and knows how to best help each of them individually. Flora was also a miracle to see get baptized, she is another one that I have been working with since the beginning, she always said that she would get baptized when it got warm, but really Heavenly Father was in control and it was until Vince was prepared to be baptized also, and it just happens to be warm outside too. She doesn't weigh more than 90 pounds!!! Vince was awesome too, he has changed his life drastically in the last month, it has been awesome to see his transformation.
 
So President Miller is coming tomorrow to interview us, and it just happens to work out perfectly so he can do the bap interview for Charlotte and Billy Joe Guerro. They are set to get baptized this Saturday, they are looking really solid they both came to church this Sunday and are super excited to get baptized. I just pray that they pass the interview, it is always a little stressful until they get in the water. Man I cant say it enough how truly grateful I am for the many blessings and opportunities that the Lord has blessed me with so far in my mission, I truly am humbled. The most baptisms by a missionary in Alamo before I got here was Elder Lish with 6 and I will be blessed to have participated in 11. It is not because of me at all that is for sure. I'm dumbfounded!!
 
I have a pretty big feeling that this will be my last transfer in Alamo, it makes me so sad!! Its not for sure, but I really feel this way. I don't know what I am going to do when I leave. It is going to be like leaving home again!! I love this place so much!! Navajos annoy me at times just because of there attitudes, but I have never loved a group of people more than them. I think it is because I really connect with them and there culture. All of them consider me there own. We were at the Crofts Monday and Anita called and told Sister Croft that she has been really sick and depressed, she talked to Sister Croft for a while and then Sister Croft asked her if she wanted to talk to any of us Elders and she said she wanted to talk to her son (me). Anita has been engulfed in the Family History spirit, she has 3 of her ancestors names reserved for he for when she goes to the temple to do baptisms. She really wants me to go with her to do her Dad and Grandfather, I will have to talk to President about that one ha.
 
Know that I love you family so much!! I care about each of you! Mom, Dad, brother, sister, G&G....etc. I miss you all tremendously! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think or pray about each of you. I know that God is blessing and watching over you and me because of my service and that makes it all worth it. I love this work because it is the only work that can bring us true happiness and true joy, and that is because it is "His" work and "His" way. I know that my Savior lives because I work beside him everyday, he loves and knows us each individually because he has felt our pains and our sorrows. Only Him. It is only through Him that we can return to our Heavenly Father let us never forget that.

Love Elder Barrus
 
Scripture: 2 Nephi 9! :)
 
Weather update: Muddy truck....down pour

No comments:

Post a Comment