Thursday, August 15, 2013

30th Letter: "FAMILY!!"


Dear Family,
Hey!! Its weird being here on Tuesday to write you, but tomorrow I have a leadership meeting in ABQ all day tomorrow.... fun... I hate meetings, all we do is role plays. I have never been a big fan of them (just like grandma), in lessons I am dependent upon the spirit to discern the individuals needs and teach them accordingly, but in role plays I struggle to find that spirit to help me teach. But I try my best!! Well I am doing great, and it sounds like you all are doing pretty great as well!! I am not in the biggest mood to write right now, but I will try my best to update you on what all is going on.
 
So President came to Alamo on Thursday and interviewed us, it was amazing. This man truly is incredible, one of those people that just being around him your immediately uplifted and feel the spirit super strong. I had a super good interview with him, he expressed his happiness on the way that Alamo has been going. He told me that he doesn't want to change things that are going good, and then said I hope you are liking Alamo because I have no desire in moving you anytime soon. Looks like I will be here till at least October 24th now!! :) Good Stuff!
 
Charolette's baptism was amazing! She asked me to baptize her, which is always a choice experience to enter the water. She had a bunch of her family come too and the majority of them are non-members, I guarantee that they felt of the spirit, because it was one of the most spiritual baptisms that I have been to. Billy Joe didn't end up getting baptized though, we still have a couple more lessons that we need to teach him first, and he needs to come to church a couple more times too, just so he knows what covenant he is actually making. But he is looking solid for August 31st.
 
This Sunday we had 70 people at church and the 4th Sunday in a row that we had more than 65 people. Truly a miracle!! When I first got to Alamo we were averaging around 30-40 people per week and now we are overflowing the church!! :) I hope that this only continues so that we can get an expansion on the building and become a ward. When they first put the church on the Res they never expected to fill up that little church, but now look what it has turned into.
 
Yesterday for p-day we went on a hike of course, but after we went to the Wellness center and played basketball... haha some Navajos wanted to play us in bball and so of course we did!! Haha lets just say that Navajos make me look like MJ!!! #brakingankles Ha they aren't the fastest and most coordinated of people, but it was fun to play!! And I told them to come to church and they said they would, so hopefully it payed off. They wanted me to come play on their team, I told them that if I could then I most definitely would!! 
 
Well I got to get heading to ABQ we are staying there tonight so we don't have to wake up at 5 in the morning to get there on time. But know that I love you and that the Lord loves you!! Take care and know I love you sooooo much!! ALL of you!! :) Write ME!!
 
Love Elder Barrus

Scripture: D&C 133:58

No comments:

Post a Comment