Friday, August 23, 2013

31st Letter: ":) HI!!"


Dear Family,
Oh how great it is to write the family!! Tis another week has gone by and here I am again to share my wonderful experiences here in Alamo. I have been doing great, been working really hard so thus I am tired both physically and mentally, but I am great!! The work in Alamo is still going splendid, we had 75 at church beat the record that we set last week. Our little building is packed!! We are desperate for an expansion, I have talked to President Miller about it a lot and we have been brain storming and working together on how we can get things progressing to such. First off he wants to bring a cattle trough so that we can do baptisms in Alamo haha I think its kind of ghetto but would be pretty cool at the same time not going to lie. And he has also been talking to the Stake President to see what we can get done. I am amazed with all of the progress that has taken place here in Alamo. When I first got here there was about 30 at church if we were lucky, but now that has exploded. The Lord is gathering his sheep!! :)
So by far the highlight of my week and of my mission was going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead with my Shi'ma Anita. What an incredible experience that was. We did the work for her parents and for her grandparents. She wanted me to be baptized for her father and grandfather super spiritual, definitely felt them while I was there. Anita was a little nervous at first, but she really enjoyed the temple. I was super glad that I was able to go with her for her first time. She also got her first calling in the church Secretary in the Relief Society. She will do great! Perfect calling for her. 
Another highlight of my week was a new family that we met Crystal Monte and her 5 kids. Crystal is the Crofts neighbor, and so she went over to their house and expressed her desire to be taught by us!! She has been going through a hard time, recently got a divorce and so she is a single mom raising these 5 little kids which has been super hard for her. They are a handful. So we went over there and had an amazing lesson with her I have never felt so prompted by the spirit before in a lesson to say certain things than I had with her. We taught her the Restoration and she really connected with Joseph Smith she knew that he is a prophet of God, because she knows that God answers prayers. We committed her and her 11 year old son to be baptized and they accepted. Super excited for her to experience the peace and comfort that the gospel will bring into her life.
So Billy Joe (Charolettes husband) is looking very solid for baptism next Saturday. We went through the baptism questions with him this morning and it went great!! I love baptisms!! YAY!!
I am amazed with myself I am finishing up Jesus the Christ, I would have finished a long time ago if I wasn't called as District leader and have to prepare for meetings during study. But nevertheless I am finishing it up and it has been an amazing read!! I recommend it to all. 3rd greatest book ever written. I have grown to know my Savior and who he truly was as I have read it, how grateful I am for the knowledge that I have gained of him!! :) 
Well know my family that I am doing great!! I hope you all are doing the same, because I love you all and want you to be happy!! And so does Heavenly Father, and my promise is that we will be happy if we are living the gospel. So if you aren't happy evaluate your life and your relationship with Christ, and make the necessary adjustments!! And I promise you will find joy, usually the reason that the majority of the world is sad and depressed is because they are putting something before that Person that has given them ALL. Don't let that happen to you. Pray often. Study the Scriptures. Magnify your callings. :)
LOVE YOU ALL
ELDER BARRUS!! 
Scripture: 3 Nephi 11: 35-36

No comments:

Post a Comment