Monday, September 2, 2013

32nd Letter: "HELLO!! :)"


Dear Family,
Hi my wonderful family it is great to be able to sit and write you all again!! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty great except for Amanda.... Sorry that you are not feeling very good!! :( I'll be praying for you!! So I have been doing great! Staying very busy and working very hard!! We have had a very good week and are continuing to see progression out here in Alamo. Like I have said in the past our branch has been exploding! We have had 60 plus for the last 2 months and thus people are seeing the parking lot packed and so it is sparking interest with the rest of the reservation so we have been starting to talk to some new investigators so that has been good.

The reason that I am emailing a little bit later today is because Billy Joe had his baptism interview with the Zone Leaders and he passed!! Yay!! It is kind of annoying because I am district leader, it means that the Zone Leaders have to come to do the interview and they live 2 hours away so scheduling them can be kind of tricky sometimes, but it always seems to work out in the end. Anyways though I am super excited for Billy Joe to join his wife Charolette in the church. He asked me to baptize him which is awesome, it is always such an honor!!
 
So Crystal and her son Daman who I told you about last week are doing very well also. Crystal came to church on Sunday and they are looking solid to be baptized in the near future!! It definitely was a golden find, the Lord has been preparing them for a while now.
 
So Anita has continued to spoil me here, she really has adopted me into her family! All of her family calls me their cousin or brother...etc It is pretty funny! I love them so much they mean a ton to me. Well she got me a legit penalton blanket!! It is super nice, I will be sending in home with the Navajo rug that she made me here in a little bit.
 
Well I don't have too much to report on this week. I really appreciate all of the letters and the support that you guys have been showing me thus far it really means a lot!! I love you all so much and miss you all a ton!! Looks like I will be on the Res for another splendid 6 weeks but I am looking forward to what work the Lord has in store for me!! It has been exciting to see the Lord gathering the Lamanite nation they truly have been blossoming as a rose as it says in the scriptures. It is just another witness to me of the closeness of the second coming, we truly live in the last days we are a chosen generation. I just finished reading Jesus the Christ as I have told you, man that book is amazing. I seriously recommend it to all, there is a very special spirit that is felt when reading about the Savior and his ministry. I cant believe how much my testimony has been strengthened from reading it. I am now going to read through the New Testament I am looking forward to it.
 
I love you all family! Take Care and have a blessed week!! :) :) GOD BE WITH YOU!!
Love Elder Barrus
"Come what may, and love it" - Elder Joseph B Wirthlin   
Moroni 10:32

No comments:

Post a Comment