Monday, September 9, 2013

33rd Letter: "FAMILY!!"


Hey I got a second to write you a quick not before I head to ABQ tomorrow to find out where I am going tomorrow. I got some super crazy news last night that threw a whole new bunch of emotions in the mix. President Miller called me and asked me to be a ZL.... Yeah I am super nervous to say the least. All I know is Alamo and Navajos and now most likely I will be in the heart of ABQ with more than 30 missionaries to watch over. I just trust in the Lord and know that he qualifies those that He calls. Yesterday at church we watched the "work of salvation broadcast" and something that I really heard gave me comfort and strength. The bishop said: "no matter how many imperfections that we have, if we do all that we can do then we wont fail". That is exactly what I am relying on right now. I am still a really young missionary and have plenty of imperfections, but I am going forward trying to do all that I can that I wont fail because the Lord will be with me to help me. So when President called me he said, "Hows my favorite missionary doing? Me: Im doing alright, you pulled a fast one on me President. President: What? who told you that you were leaving... Me: haha I think you did President?... President: Hey I had all intentions of leaving you there, but the Lord needs you as a Zone Leader right now..... That phone call gave me so much comfort even though I recieved the scariest news of my life. But it really touched my heart and the spirit witnessed to me how inspired of a man President is and that this calling and me moving is inspired by him. So I will have my first Zone Training that me and my companion will do this Friday!! Super nevous for that especially, going to embarrass myself!!

So leaving Alamo was incredibly difficult, I didnt think that I would have to leave home twice. I cried like a baby in my testimony. I think what has hit me the hardest is just how unexpected everything has been... Saying goodbye is never fun... I'll just say that!
 
The baptism on Saturday went great!! It was a great way to leave Alamo. Billy Joe is a heck of a guy. Super humble and wants to follow the Lord. :)
 
Well thank you so much family for all that you have done for me and for the love and support that you have given me to this point in my mission. I dont know what I would do without it.
 
Love,
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment