Wednesday, September 11, 2013

34th Letter: "EXHAUSTED!!!"


Dear Family,
Well needless to say that I am super duper duper duper.... TIRED!! I have found out that with the calling of being a ZL comes little to no sleep!! Most of the time we dont get to bed around midnight dealing with Zone Leader issues and planning for the next days events. And we still get up at 6:30am it literally feels like I get no sleep, because I literally get no sleep!! I know that the Lord is blessing my with the strength needed to go about the day doing all that I need to do, but I am tired. A tender mercy that the Lord blessed us with today though was that somehow our alarm clock didnt go off and we didnt realize it till around 7:30 and man was the extra hour of sleep noticed!! It felt good!! So the transistion from being a Alamo Navajo missionary to a ABQ ZL has actually gone fairly well. It has been a definite testimony to me that the Lord qualifies those in which he calls no matter how inadequate they may be. Its hard to fully tell you all of the responsibilites that a Zone Leader has, but lets just say that there is alot, and for a somewhat new missionary that is still learning about the basics of missionary work I definitely feel very inadequate for the calling that has been given to me. Only two other missionaries in the history of the mission have ever been called this early in there missions to Zone Leader. Its hard for me to understand why the Lord wanted me to be the 3rd. But he has and I will just do my very best with the talents and skills that are in me and rely upon the Lord to help me with the trust he has inplaced in me to help lead the Zone with Elder Schneider. So I have about 15 min to explain everything that has been going on in these neck of the woods so we'll see how that goes...
 
So as far as ZL has been going.... So Zone Training is a meeting that we present to the Zone every first Friday of the month and it is based off of what we learned in MLC which is another meeting that we as all of the Zone Leaders in the mission have every first Thursday of the month. (btw I got to see Elder Lish!! That was awesome!!) Anyways so luckily enough I was able to present my first ZTraining in my first week as a Zone Leader, but everything went surprisingly very welll. I felt like I did pretty good for my first time!! I know that it was 100% in contribute to the Lord helping me but it went great!! We talked about many things but the "Origin of attitude" was something that really was great. We talked about what is driving us as missionaries to be a missionary and about how we get our attitudes from 3 different sources
1: Ourselves
2: Others
3: Heavenly Father
Super powerful think over that in your own life and whats driving you to be who you are!!
 
2 min left...
 
Address: 4401 San Pedro Dr Ne apt #507 Albuquerque NM 8719
 
BTW contacted Prince Fielders aunt last week!! super awesome!!
Love you all
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment