Tuesday, November 5, 2013

41st Letter: "NOVEMBER?"

Dear Family, 
So emailing has been so crazy lately... they just recently changed the way that we input numbers for the Zone so we have to put all of the in electronically before we can email, so that definitely cuts into the hour that we have to email. No fun. So I will try my best to quickly give you an update. 
So the missionary work in our zone is taking off!! We went from 9 bap dates 2 weeks ago to 22 as of last night!! The work definitely is being hastened here, and missionaries are starting to be more obedient! :) Definitely makes my job a little easier.
This Saturday we had a wonderful baptism, the spirit was super strong as Joy was baptized. I have just been thinking a lot about how truly blessed I have been throughout my mission!! It amazes me. We should have at least 3 more baptism before the end of November. Josh is looking solid for the 16th and Fredrick and Ruth Mckay, and awesome couple should be baptized on the 23rd.
I am doing great, I don't think I have been more happy on my mission than now. It scares me how fast time has gone, I am cherishing this time. It has been such a blessing. :) It has definitely been anything but easy, but life isn't meant to be easy. We are here on earth to be molded and shaped into that person that our heavenly father wants us to be, and that involves trials and exercising our faith. Which is anything, but easy in the time of the trial, naturally being human we want to find this grand solution to our trials by our self, and that is the number one lesson in life that we need to grasp, THAT WE CANT DO THIS ALONE. That is why pride is the number one sin, and there is so much of that with missionaries lately that it is driving me crazy.... too many times we think we can just handle whatever we have by our selves and that is anything but the case. And for those that think that both on the mission and in life are humbled very quickly, and the reason I say that is because I have experienced it. I testify that there is only joy and peace that comes when we rely on the atonement of our Savior and when we allow our Heavenly Father to lift that burden off of our back. I have been reading through the Old Testament, I started from the beginning about 5 weeks ago and it has been such a difficult read, but I have gotten through it faithfully. I just started Job this morning and it really hit me hard, made me put myself in his shoes. I would ask you all to do the same read the beginning of Job and think of your life and how you have been tried. I thought it was super inspiring how much faith Job had and also how much trust Heavenly Father had in him that he would stay faithful to him.
Sorry for my little vent, but I felt it is super important for me to share that with y'all. What a crazy life we all live! It is so GREAT! :) Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Find joy in the journey and as Elder Wirthlin once said, "Come what may, and love it." I love you all and pray for your happiness and success!! Take Care.
Love, 
Elder Barrus 
Scrip: Read Job


Great Baptism: Danny and Joy Scott
He thought he broke his toe but he didnt. My first DL when I was born in Alamo. Now a DL in our Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment