Friday, November 15, 2013

42nd Letter: "YOLO Family!! :)"

Dear Family, 
Happy Veterans day!! Sorry I pulled a fast one on all of those that thought I was emailing yesterday!! We didn't email for two reasons, 1st it was Veterans day, and 2nd because or P-day was changed from Monday toTuesday!!! It is super weird, I have just been so use to it being on Mondays!! President Miller announced it last week at our monthly MLC (mission leadership council) he said he changed it because too many libraries and businesses are closed on Mondays, makes sense. Anyways, Family I have been doing great!! This last week has been another turning point in my mission I have recommitted myself to be better at a lot of things that I have been struggling with, and I have already seen the blessings come from it. Truly is amazing when we just turn to the Lord with our weaknesses!!
So as far as an update on the missionary efforts here in the Academy Heights Ward. Things are going magnificent. Josh is looking pretty solid for his baptism on Saturday as long as he passes his interview with President tonight. Ruth and Fredrick Mckay are probably the two of the greatest people I have ever taught on my mission. Ruth has been so prepared for the gospel and Fredrick just kind of follows Ruth. There baptism date is for the 30th and are looking pretty solid to make it. There are tons of other miracles that are going on in our area right now that would take me all day to explain. We have quite a few people that we see have great potential to get baptized in the near future!! :)
The Albuquerque Zone has been behaving itself pretty good as of late which is really good!! Makes our job a ton easier!! This transfer a lot of drama has been worked out and there has been a great moral within the Zone, which definitely could be accredited to our success as a Zone as of late. We had Zone Training (which is every first friday following the first thursday of the month) this last Friday that went great!! It is a 3 hour meeting that we present to the zone on the things that we learned at MLC the day before. It takes a lot of mind work to be able to prepare a 3 hour meeting in less than 5 hours usually!! I have really seen myself grow because of it though. 

Just a quick awesome note! I email the Crofts each week as well and they just let me know that Charlotte and Billy Joe Guerro went and did baptisms for the dead this last week!! That is so great to hear!! :) Missionary work is an eternal work!! Also I wrote Anita and she wrote me back, she is doing great, really misses me and struggled there for a bit but she is loving her calling as Relief Society secretary. 

Well Family know that I really really miss you!! I have been thinking about you all a lot as of late. I know that you all are facing challenges and decisions daily, I pray that Heavenly Father is strengthening and guiding you in whatever it may be!!
Love
Elder Barrus

“I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee”


Group Pic from MLC

No comments:

Post a Comment