Tuesday, April 1, 2014

65th Letter: "....Las Cruces!"

Dear Family and Friends!
Well this morning I found out that I will be serving for at least the next 6 weeks down in Las Cruces with Elder Figgins from Las Vegas who is one of my homies from the mish!! He was one of our district leaders when I was serving in Albuquerque we were already super close from serving together there. Totally didn't expect to see that one, but needless to say I am excited to be down south! I am serving in the Mesilla Valley ward which was Elder were Elder Lish served after he left Alamo. It is super hot here and is only going to get hotter so I plan on getting a pretty nice tan! Its going to be super weird not being around Albuquerque, but I am looking forward to it. Its like a 3 hour drive from ABQ to Cruces, but feels like 10 hours, its like the drive to Eli, Nevada all over again! haha a whole lot of desert. Once you hit Truth or Consequences it starts to green up a little bit though. We have to drive back to ABQ tomorrow and are going to stay at the AP's so that we can be at MLC on Thursday and then we have to drive back to prepare for Zone Training on Friday.... Its going to be a whole lot of driving!
Well I look forward to an awesome transfer in the heat of Cruces! Love ya!
Elder Barrus
My new address:
1000 La Fonda apt K, Las Cruces, NM 88001

No comments:

Post a Comment