Tuesday, April 1, 2014

64th Letter: "Bye Rancho"

Dear Family,
Well here were are with March almost behind us... Hard to believe that! So Saturday night was transfer news and all day Saturday I was feeling like I was probably getting transferred up until right before the call came, and I was like no I am definitely staying.... so when they named off the missionaries being transferred and I was at the top of the list, I was pretty surprised to say the least. Its hard to believe that I am actually leaving, it seems like I just got here! Time goes by so fast. These last 4 months have been some of the most difficult yet most blessed times of my life! I have grown so much and have felt the Lord enable me to do difficult things yet again in my life. So tomorrow morning I will go to transfer site and find out where I will be serving for the next 6 weeks and who my new companion is. So whats most crazy about this all to me is that I will still be serving as a Zone Leader. Most likely then I will be serving in either the ABQ-West stake or the ABQ-East stake, but we will have to see. I am excited for the changes and know that there will be new and exciting challenges that will still await me as I serve. 

I have been so blessed to have been able to meet so many wonderful people as I have served here and been able do create such strong friendships and bonds. It is always so hard leaving an area because of just that. That is one of the greatest blessings of serving a mission as you meet so many people that just touch your life for the better.

Well there is a chance that I will have the opportunity to email tomorrow and let you know where I am serving. 

Love you tons and have a great week!!
Elder Barrus
Mike and Cindy Pyne (the greatest Young mens president and Relief society president you could ask for) Love them to death!
My good buddy LeGrand Johnson, I got super close to him over the last 4 months! He is an active member of the church that is going through allot of trials. We were instantly best friends because he use to work with Elder Croft (Alamo), and so any friend of the Crofts is a friend of mine. He would bring us the best breakfast burritos every Friday morning. LeGrand will definitely be a life long friend. I'll miss him.
Dylan Salehian...Recent convert to the church (only member of his family) He would come teaching with us all of the time. He is leaving to the Birmingham England mission on Wednesday!
One of the GREATEST families that I have ever met!! The Bergstens!
Frank Nebus! I love this man! Elder Black and I contacted him about 3 months ago and we have taught him since. He is one Christian man! We got have gotten super close and I plan on emailing him and helping him progress towards baptism still. 
 
Emery Nelson! I am going to miss that kid! He promised me yesterday that he is going on a mission!! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment