Monday, March 31, 2014

63rd Letter: "Zoom zoom..."

Dear Family,
Simply in amazement today at how fast time has been flying by, every single night now as I lay in my bed I just shake my head at how fast the day went by and the week and transfer!! I cant believe that next week is transfers already, with that said just a reminder that I will be emailing on Monday instead of Tuesday next week. This transfer has been the most difficult fastest transfer of my mission, but also the transfer that I have felt like I have grown the most and became truly converted to the work. I am not sure if I will be staying or leaving, you never know with transfers!! This last Sunday was SMCM and President Miller made a comment that made it sound like I might get transferred, but I dont believe him anymore after the whole Alamo experience. It would be pretty crazy if I got transferred and continued to be a Zone Leader, rarely does a Zone Leader serve in more than 2 stakes in this mission, but we will see what happens. I will be happy if I stay or if I go. 

Things around here are going pretty good, we have been terribly busy with Zone Leader business as of late with it getting close to transfers, and also with having to prepare SMCM for Sunday. The zone is doing great, as the missionary work is really picking up! We are going to have 8 baptisms total for the month of March as a zone which is going to be the most in Rio Rancho stake history! Which we are super excited for! The work is hastening and its amazing to be apart of! 

FYI: Emery Nelson is doing great! Hasnt missed a Sunday since his baptism and loves to say the prayers during our lessons. Also Kat Andrews is doing great as well she just got put in as Laurels president and is preparing to serve a mission in a few years! I talked to the Mckays back in ABQ and they are doing wonderful as well preparing for the temple in December. Havent heard too much from Roxanne and all of them but I know they have been going to church as well. Alamo gang is doing great too! Anita is rock solid talk to her every once in a while, it will probably be a few months before she will make it to the temple though. Norna and Hilbert are doing great, a missionary that serves around the temple texted me the other day and said that they met Norna and Hilbert on the temple grounds and they told him to tell me hi and that they will see me in June to go inside! :) Billy Jo and Charolette have been solid members as well and have been going to do baptisms with Anita for there ancestors at the temple weekly! 

Love you tons family! Take care!!
Elder Barrus
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment