Friday, July 25, 2014

83rd Letter: "Hola mi amigos! :)"

Hey Family!
Just down here in El Paso practicing my spanish it basically is Mexico here! Well I have been doing really good! It is hard for me to believe that this transfer is about to come to a close as we will be doing transfer planning next Monday. 25 new elders and sisters enter the MTC to come to ABQ on the 4th, tomorrow. I have been thinking allot about how that experience was for me, getting dropped off at the MTC and all. Honestly it was kind of traumatizing. I definitely feel for those missionaries!

Well I dont have much time this week, but know that things are going good! I have been lost in the work! It is a wonderful experience being able to get so caught up in the work of The Lord that it is your everything! I have told you many times in my emails, but I love this work with all of my heart! I realized it again yesterday as I was able to see Esequiel Flores and Reese and Sarah and Brenda Chavez, of just how much of an impact missionaries can have on an individuals life! It brings so much joy and happiness to me to be able to witness that!! :) Its hard to believe that I have about 5 months left until I come home and go to school, it actually has been terrifying to think that one day this will come to an end. I have been studying allot lately about being converted and mastering self discipline, as I dont want to change or loose the valuable things that I have learned on my mission! I know that as we all focus on The Lord and live the gospel of Jesus Christ that we will all be alright! We will face challenges but nothing will be too much for us too bare! :)

"The Power of Self Mastery" By James E Faust

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance,
I have not winced nor cried aloud:
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed. …
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus

Love you tons
Elder Nic Barrus


Hi, your son Elder Barrus was on splits the other
day with a missionary from our ward. We had the
privilege of having them to dinner. I took this
shot knowing how fun it is to get a pic. I also
have a son on a mission, a grand daughter on a
mission and my husband and I are serving a
service mission here in our town of Albuq.
We are the directors of the Bishops Storehouse.
 
Enjoy
 
Janet Hess


No comments:

Post a Comment