Thursday, July 10, 2014

80th Letter: "Hola from ABQ!"

Dear Beloved Family,
Hey hey Family what a week it has been! Cant believe that I have now been up here in Albuquerque for 2 weeks, time has flown by since I came up. Doesn't even seem like we went through June feels like we skipped right over it! I sure hope that everything is going well for you all! I love you all, I hope you know how much I miss you and desire that each of you are doing good! I have been doing good, my mission has changed quite a bit lately as my responsibilities have grown, I will try to tell you just why. So after transfers were over, I think I told you that President asked us to go down south and do trainings with certain missionaries in Cloud Croft, Alamogordo, Las Cruces, and El Paso. It went super well, it was a ton of driving but all in all it was a good experience as we were able to give appropriate trainings to the missionaries. We were also able to do exchanges with the Zone Leaders in El Paso. El Paso is basically Mexico, nobody speaks english and nobody is white. haha The transfer isn't going to slow down either, definitely Transfer week is the busiest, but this week is MLC so we have to prepare a meeting for the leadership of the mission for Thursday that goes from 8am-3pm its going to be fun! With all of the work and stresses that we have, being able to work closely with President and Sister Miller makes it very worth it. Most nights we are over there from 8pm to 10 or 11pm discussing missionaries or planning trainings. It is so incredible I have learned so much from them!! It was neat President Miller said that he has never felt so good about a transfer since this one. There was so many changes and missionaries moved, truly the hand of The Lord was with us as we moved them. It definitely was a blessing for me to have been able to be a ZL in 3 different zones, it gave me the opportunity to get to know so many missionaries and understand their struggles and know where they will be the most successful.

Just kind of a outlook at what this week will be like. In a couple of minutes we will be going to the ABQ-E zones p-day activities and spend time with them. Elder Figgins is a ZL in that zone. Wednesday we will be planning for MLC most of the day. Thursday is MLC. Friday we will be going up to Santa Fe for Zone Training and then afterwards we will go on exchanges with their ZL's who cover the Espanola spanish area which is about an hour north of Santa Fe. Then we will reunite back up Saturday and head back to ABQ to proselyte in our area. Its going to be a pretty fun week. I know that I am going to blink and I will be back emailing ya. Well family I really am doing great! I love serving The Lord in whatever capacity that he has called me to serve in. I have been blessed in great abbundance with many spiritual experiences that have uplifted and strengthened my testimony. Amidst the many responsibiiltes that we have out of our area, still our focus is on strengthening and hastening the work in the Nob Hill YSA university branch. I am not planning on putting that on the back burner. We will continue to baptize and we will continue to find, and I know that The Lord will bless us with incredibly prepared people, as we do all that we can do! :)

Love you tons!! Thanks for your continual support!! I cant begin to put it in words of what you all mean to me! 
Elder Nic Barrus 
Picture: Arrival group at the temple Monday.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment