Wednesday, June 25, 2014

79th Letter: "Back in Albuquerque"

Dear Family and Friends!
Today is going to be quite the crazy day, I am still hoping to send personal emails to each of you, but that is going to be quite the task! So I thought I would write you a quick note to update you on what has been going on lately for me. It has been super crazy!! 2 Saturdays ago I got a call from my mission president who asked me to come service as his Assistant, I nervously accepted. Since then things have been super busy, the busiest of my life with so many things to think and worry about. But it also has been super spiritual, being able to do transfer planning (where we move around most of the missionaries in the mission) was incredible I can't describe the powerful spirit that was in the room as we were prompted to make changes. Transfer planning has taken up the majority of the week, but we also have been very blessed in our area. One example has been with a young man that we found named Ilia he is from Russia, and has been super prepared to receive the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. He was found through an awesome member who has been the best example of a fellowship that I have seen. We had a powerful first discussion in which he said he would be baptized once he new the message was true. It was neat in his closing prayer he said that once he came to know that these things are true please bless him that he might be able to share it. He came to church yesterday and had a wonderful experience, we are meeting again with him on Wednesday and are excited to see his progression. 

So with all there is to be done it kind of seems like sleep has been put on the back burner... I definitely have never felt so tired in my life. It has been amazing though to see The Lord strengthen me to be able to accomplish what I have to do. It most definitely has been a miracle in my eyes. Thank you so much for the prayers that you have offered in my behalf! 

So a little bit of what lies ahead for me today. At 11:00am we will be picking up 13 new missionaries who are fresh out of the MTC. And we will be with them all day at the Mission home training them and helping them prepare to enter into the field. It is a super exciting experience to see them with their fire to begin to start preaching the gospel. 

I have been super humbled by The Lord with what he has called me to do. I feel as the young rich man in Matt. 19 who has been asked to do a very difficult thing, but nevertheless I hope to not yield the same results as him but rather follow the Saviors teachings in the following verses. v. 26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." I hope to continue to have that faith in The Lord that he will strengthen me and qualify me to His work.

What an incredible blessing it has been for me to be on a mission. I have witnessed so many miracles in those around me and definitely in myself, God truly has blessed me in great abundance! I know with all of my heart that this work is true! If you haven't fully embraced this Restored Gospel yet in your life, I invite you to do so! If you haven't learned about the Restored gospel, then I invite you to do so also. For I know that it will bless your lives as much as it has blessed mine!! 

Words cannot describe the love and gratitude that I feel for each of you. God truly has blessed me with incredible individuals that have helped me be molded into the individual that he wants me to be! Thank you! 
Love 
Elder Nic Barrus
 
Elder Jensen, President Miller, Elder Rosqvist, and Me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment