Tuesday, June 17, 2014

77th Letter: "Glorious Family!! :)"

Hey Family!!
Man it sounds like you all are doing so great! That really makes me happy to hear. Tucker seemed to of had a great birthday, I think he really appreciated that cupcake most of all!! I hope you all have a fantastic trip down to Las Vegas, you will get a pretty good taste of what the weather is like in Las Cruces. It has been consistently over 100 degrees for the last week, supposedly we have been setting records. I feel pretty lucky to have been able to experience such a thing...(sarcasm) :) No I have been a survivor and I am getting a pretty nice tan as a blessing to the trial! haha
Besides the heat things are going great!! Last week as I explained was crazy hectic with meetings in El Paso and Albuquerque, so a lot of our normal proselyting time was spent in meetings. What was a miracle is how many lessons we were still able to have, we didnt skip a beat and taught just as many lessons as normal. It was awesome! We are seeing wonderful progression in this area and are teaching tons of really great people that are super close to baptism. We were able to have 4 of our investigators come to church on Sunday, and all of them are doing really well.
Esequiel has been coming out teaching with us pretty much twice a week, and we had a neat experience as we were teaching with him he received a phone call from an unknown number and felt like he should answer it, and it was a lady that he shared the gospel with and said that if she wanted to learn more to call him, and she did and we went over that same night and taught her with him! He is being such an amazing missionary. When I was in the MTC I bought another quad because they were so cheap and I had been carrying it around my whole mission, and I decided to give it to Esequiel. He loved it!
Stephen Talley and his family is doing really good too, He is soaking up the gospel like crazy! They love it!
Brenda is doing great she is about ready to have her baby at any time, and she still came to church on Sunday which was awesome! I was kind of surprised to see her. She is a trooper!
Reese and Sarah are still doing really well, they are definitely like the most solid members of the ward! Reese received a calling this last Sunday to be a Young Mens adviser, he is going to do awesome with that!! His personality is really going to help the young men in our ward. I am super excited for them. That family means the world to me!!
Well I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!! The Church is true! :)
Love Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment