Tuesday, June 17, 2014

78th Letter: "Big News!!"

Dear Family,
First off I deeply apologize for the quality of this letter. I have like 5 min to write the craziness that has happened in the last 72 hours! So all this last week we knew that President Miller was going to be calling a new assistant, and everyone had been teasing me that it was going to be me, but I really didnt feel like it was. And I was looking pretty good not to be called because I hadnt of heard anything from President Miller up till Saturday night, I figured he had already issued the call and that I was safe. Haha I was just getting ready for bed that night and Elder Hicken shows me that someone is calling, it says "President Miller" my heart dropped! I answered it and tried to small talk with President for as long as I could just to deny the fact of why he was calling. He proceeded to say that he wanted to talk to me privately and then asked if I would accept the call to be the new AP. I accepted the call graciously and here I am. I left Sunday afternoon and drove up to ABQ by myself... that was crazy! My new comp is Elder Jenson from Boise Idaho, he has only been an assistant for 1 transfer now so we will be learning together! :) 
Love you tons Family
Elder Barrus 
ps pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment