Tuesday, June 3, 2014

76th Letter: "Dear Family!!"

Dear Family,
My beloved family! Hello tis a pleasure to write you this fine blistering hot day here in Las Cruces! Man family some days when I leave the apartment or get out of a lesson I feel that I am experiencing what the scriptures describe as fire and brimstone! It is absolutely the hottest weather I have felt in my life, it was over 100 degrees the last 5 days and it is suppose to be like 107 degrees on Thursday. So thats the depressing news, but the good news is that we will be in meetings all day tomorrow, and then we will be driving in an air conditioned car all day Wednesday and we will be in Albuquerque on Thursday so it should be quite a bit cooler up there. :) All is well in Zion!
Well family it sure sounds like things are going really well for everyone! Things are going great for me as well! We have been so crazy busy that its ridiculous, but I absolutely love how busy we are. There is always something to do, or someone to teach. The Lord is keeping our planners full! :) So tomorrow we are heading down to El Paso for Zone Conference, those meetings are always really powerful I am definitely really looking forward to it. The focus of the meeting is to help all of the missionaries become master teachers, by simplifying our teaching and cutting out the fluff, sticking to the pure doctrine in our teaching. We have to do three 40 min trainings on how to teach lesson 3 the "Gospel of Jesus Christ" simply. I have grown to enjoy trainings, because I have done so many of them! I use to absolutely dread giving them when I was a district leader and first got called to be a zone leader, so basically a year ago.
The work in our area is going really well! All 5 of our recent converts came to church this last Sunday. Esequiel passed the sacrament again for the second Sunday in a row and absolutely loved it! And he came out to teach Oscar and Christabel with us last week and taught like he had been a member for his whole life. He is going teaching with us tonight as well. The Dawsons are doing great as well! They have become a second family to me, I really love that family. And Steven Talley and Brenda Rocha are doing really good as well.
I cant believe that this is the 4th week of the transfer already! Time is really flying by! I am really hoping to be spending a good amount of time of my mission here in Las Cruces, but I will do what the Lord wants me to do! Whatever that may be, hopefully it may be a break from being a zone leader to end my mission, but who knows! Well Family I love you tons and wish you to have a splendid week! :)
Love your tan friend!
Elder Nic Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment