Tuesday, June 3, 2014

75th Letter: "Hey Hey! :)"

Dear Family,
Well hello again! Its just your lil old 20 year old elder down here in Las Cruces New, Mexico. Things are going pretty good for me it was a crazy busy week for us as we had exchanges with the assistants on Monday and with the missionaries in Alamogordo and Cloud Croft on Friday. Those are always pretty exhausting, but good learning experiences as well being able to learn from other missionaries.

So I had a pretty good birthday on Sunday, it was just another ordinary day of missionary work, but those days are always good!! :) We actually had to talk in Sacrament meeting I kind of threw down on member missionary work... I started off my talk saying that I didnt want this to be another guilt trip talk on missionary work, but rather a talk that would awaken them to the blessings that they are missing out on from not doing missionary work. And proceeded to talk on what "Are you sleeping through the Hastening of the work?" relating it directly to President Uchdorfs talk on "Are you sleeping through the Restoration?" and really emphasized some powerful portions from his talk. Such as when we are in heaven and tell people that we were alive during the Hastening of the work, what will we have to say that we contributed? Also are you praying for the missionaries to find people to teach? or are you praying for yourself that you will find people for the missionaries to teach? I felt like it went well, it definitely was a topic that I am very passionate about!
As far as the missionary work things are going really good! Both Reese and Esequiel have received the Aaronic priesthood and have passed the sacrament! :) All 5 of my recent recent converts came to church this last Sunday! And we had 2 of our investigators Kiandre and Danielle that we have been trying to get to church come to Sacrament meeting and they loved it. It has been a battle at where to focus the time that we have to focus on either our recent converts or to focus on finding more recent converts! We have been doing a pretty good job balancing out the two.
Well next week is going to be pretty hectic! Sunday we have our stake correlation meeting, discussing the missionary work in the stake with President Miller, and President Robb. On Tuesday we have Zone Conference down in El Paso and we have to give three 40 minute trainings on how to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ effectively, and then on Wednesday we have to drive to ABQ for MLC all day Thursday! haha along with trying to balance what I talked about in the last paragraph! I dont know where the time will be.
Needless to say I am super excited for Zac and Chelsea!! I was praying like crazy she would be born on my birthday but I guess she wanted to have her own birthday! :) Cant wait to see pictures soon! I hope all is well.
Thank you all for you birthday wishes!! I love you all so much! You are the greatest!!
Love
Elder Nicholas Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment