Monday, May 26, 2014

74th Letter: "Birthday Boy! :)"

Dear Family, 
Well I guess there comes a time in everyones mission where everyone gets tired of emailing you and you get tired of emailing everyone else. Haha I think I have reached that time! Its especially sad when nobody writes me on my birthday week... :( just kidding my dear family! I know you all love me. I have just been teaching faith without works is dead for so long, that I feel love without works is dead as well! ;)

I have been doing awesome!! Things in this part of the Lords vineyard are continuing to hasten! Stephens baptism was absolutely incredible!! As I was sitting there in his baptism there I had a wave of humility just hit me, and I just began to cry with gratitude for such an amazing experience my mission has been. It truly has changed my life, when I think of the individual I was before my mission and my lack of ability to listen to and understand the promptings of the spirit to now I am blown away. Missions are absolutely brilliant! It is exactly how the Lord molds the youth into the individuals he wants them to become and be. So I was blessed with the wonderful experience of baptizing Stephen and giving him the Holy Ghost. Needless to say I was on a spiritual high!! When Stephen and I were changing after the ordinance he just started bawling and saying how he has been baptized and many different churches, but now it finally feels complete! He said that it was exactly what he was looking for! Stephen and I have grown to be great friends, I truly do feel that in the pre-existence we knew each other and knew that I would come to him and share the restored gospel with him. I really love that man!!

So whose next you may ask. Well we are working with tons of incredible people who are just on the brink of being baptized. Two individuals who I absolutely love and are so close to being baptized, but they are struggling to understand that Heavenly Father would have just one true church. We explained that ultimately the only way they will know that this is true is by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, and last night they agreed to doing that. Please pray for Oscar and Christabel that they will recognize their answer. 

Last I really hope that you do my birthday wish and go to the temple this weekend!! I really know that it will bless you and our family and thats exactly why I want you to go! My other wish is that after you take the picture to send to me, that you post it to facebook and bare your testimony along with it. If you dont want to bare your testimony you can write that:
                "my younger brother or son told me to do this for his birthday because the temple and the restored gospel means more to him than anything, He knows with all of his heart that it is true! That God loves us and he has a plan for each and everyone of His Children that he wants them to live so that they can be happy!!" 
Love you all and appreciate all that you do for me!! :)
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment