Sunday, May 4, 2014

70th Letter: "Almost May! :o"

Dear Family,
Wowzah!! I can not believe how fast time goes by. This week went so incredibly fast, but man it sure was great as Ezequiel was baptized on Sunday. It was such an incredible baptismal service as the spirit was so strong. Most all of Ezequiels family was there, at one point in the service Ezequiel bore such a powerful testimony of his love of the Book of Mormon and the Restored gospel and his desire for his family to accept it as well. I pray that they will. I know that they were feeling the spirit during the service.
As you can imagine with all of the blessings that I have been given lately, I have been pretty happy!! I am in shock that the Lord has continued to bless me my whole mission with amazing prepared people that desire to enter into the waters of baptism. I don't know what I have done to deserve it. I am just trying my very best, not wanting to waste any of the Lords time. When I was in the MTC my bishop told me in one of our interviews that the average number of baptisms for a missionary in this mission is 4 and I felt kind of discouraged at that fact, and that night in the MTC I knelt down in prayer and set a goal for myself with the Lord of how many baptisms he wanted me to be apart of, and that number will be revealed at the end of my mission I hope, but currently I am about on track to reach our goal (Heavenly Father and mines goal).
One of the biggest blessings I have seen lately is finding out out my recent converts are doing, I talked to the Crofts this last week and they said that Anita is doing allot better she received her patriarchal blessing this last Sunday and is now recommitted to work towards getting her endowment out so hopefully that will be in the near future.
Next Monday is the mission temple trip!! So we will be heading up to ABQ for that! I am super excited, it has been forever since I last went to the temple, I hope it isnt the same for you. Because you guys have easy access to the temple. :) Don't abuse this amazing blessing of having a temple so easily to go to, many others don't have that blessing.
Tomorrow we will be heading up to ABQ for MLC on Thursday! It is such a long drive!! Good thing we have plenty of inspirational music to listen to on the way up haha
 
Well Its hard for me to believe that I am about to enter the 4th quarter of my mission here in the next couple months, I have been feeling overwhelmed with deep gratitude lately for the amazing support that I have felt from each of you over these 17 months. First off I wouldnt be on a mission if it wasn't for amazing converted parents, siblings and grandparents who set such a solid example for me to follow. Secondly I wouldn't be able to endure the trials of the mission if I didnt feel your constant support as I have. Thank you. Love you tons! Have a great week!
Love
Elder Nic Barrus

Jesus Christ said:
Matt. 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

No comments:

Post a Comment