Friday, August 22, 2014

86th Letter: "#Family!"

Dear Family,
Hello my beloved individuals of my life! It has been more and more apparent to me on my mission how amazing of a family that I have been blessed to have. Thank you all for being such amazing role models in my life. From the example of an older brother who I watched serve a mission, and follow the spirit throughout his life. To a sister Amanda, who no matter what I could always talk to and be strengthened by her wonderful testimony and example. To my partner in crime of a sister Tiff, who has been by me my whole life, who read ensign talks and scriptures with me when we couldn't sleep the night before Christmas. And especially to my wonderful parents who have taught me a countless number of lessons, and especially how to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me parents who love each other, who have been so devoted to each other for the past 30 years. Thanks Family! 

So this week has definitely been a lot calmer than last week! And what a blessing that has been! We have been able to devote a large amount of our time to proselyting, which has been a first in a while. But blessings and miracles have been flowing. It was pretty cool, before we started transfer planning we always fast that Sunday. And President Miller opened that with a prayer, in his prayer he prayed that our area would be watched over and blessed even though we wouldnt be able to devote our time to it, and that we would be able to recognize miracles as we returned from transfers. Needless to say we have. There is a really good chance that we could have a baptism either this Saturday or next Saturday of our investigator Aleks. We set a baptismal date with our investigator Devin, for August 30th he definitely is going to make it! And countless other miracles we have seen, with new investigators and the investigators that we already have starting to progress. 

Sorry I have to make this letter a little shorter, but as I mentioned last week we have Elder Figgins brother staying with us which has been incredible! I love him to death! He signed my flag "Elder Brandon Figgins (Best Buds)" haha But we are taking him right now to the Zoo, it is going to be sweet we have a hook up and are going to have back stage passes to the elephant exhibit. After the zoo we are going bowling, and then playing some bball! :) So we got a busy fun pday ahead of us! 

Love you tons family! 
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment