Friday, August 22, 2014

87th Letter: ":) Yolo"

Dear Family,
Well hello my beloved family members, it is once again p-day and here I am again for probably close to the 90th time writing you! My mission just keeps getting better and better, we had a fantastic week of inviting others to come unto Christ. Its been pretty remarkable seeing the growth and progression in this area as we have worked hard and relied on The Lord, something that I have strove to do throughout my whole mission. I have definitely been able to witness continual miracles in the work as I have done so. I love how much of a personal progression the mission is if you allow it to be, I have come to know that the missionaries that let the mission go through them are the ones that are truly changed and converted to the gospel and this work. Its not easy thats for sure, the mission has been the most difficult thing that I have done in my life, but it has been the most rewarding thing I have done for many different reasons, most of all I feel the testimony that I have gained of the Plan of Salvation, and being able to see things with eternal eyes now rather than temporal has definitely brought eternal blessings because of my mission. I feel that I have been able to gain a glimpse of the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and His desire for all of His children to return back to Him. 

Some experiences that we were able to have this past week: 
I think I have mentioned Devin before with you in past letters, but he is our most progressing investigator and is looking pretty solid to make his baptismal date for next Saturday. He has come to church for the past 5 weeks, and is really starting to gain a better understanding of the gospel. We had a pretty neat experience as we took him to the temple for our lesson on the Word of Wisdom, we discussed how God views our bodies as a temple, and so we should as well. He committed to live the commandment, it will definitely be something that will test him as he prepares to be baptized though. We promised him that he stayed strong tell his baptism that the temptation would be lesser following the baptism. 

So this might sound a little bad, but my whole mission I have desired a blacktism.... a black baptism. And so a couple of weeks ago at sports night on Thursday there was a black guy there and I wasnt going to miss out on the opportunity of teaching him. So immediately following one of their games I ran over to him and invited him to learn and he accepted and is super prepared! We have taught him twice and has accepted a baptismal date for September 6. Looks super solid for the date too. His name is Eric from Chama, NM. Plays bball like Carmelo Anthony too haha :) 

Love you family and God speed! Figgins's leave tomorrow... :( Going to miss them like crazy! 
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment