Saturday, September 13, 2014

89th Letter: "Hey September!"

Dear Family!
Well fam hello from Albuquerque, things sure are going great in this wonderful state. From what it sounds like things are going well back home, either you all are getting use to me being gone or you are just waiting to fill me in on life in a few months, but I dont think I now too much of whats going on back home. Maybe you are just trying to keep me from being trunky! haha thats probably it! Well I have a lot of things to fill you in on that have been happening in my life this last week, I dont have to much time so I wont be able to elaborate to much on things, but I hope you get a just of what is going on. 

First off I absolutely love my mission! It continues to humble me in gratitude for what my Heavenly Father has blessed me to be apart of and witness over these last 20 months. I'll be honest in saying that when I opened my call my first impressions werent that of joy and excitement to go to the deserts of the west, but there isnt a better place in the world to me now. It is going to break my heart having to say goodbye one day, its starting to feel like more of a reality that its going to be in the near future as well. I wish that every missionary would be able to experience the mission that I have! 

Items to report on: 
Melanie Aragon was baptized on Saturday and it was such a great ordinance! I am still doing good, havent had to redo an ordinance yet. I make sure that they are under before I pull them back up! ;) Unfortunately Devin wasnt quite ready to get baptized on Saturday, spiritually he is ready, and has done everything except he has struggled with the word of wisdom a bit... stinking devils lettuce.... He was clean for 2 weeks and then Satan tempted him hard core Friday night and he gave in. He is recommitted and should hopefully get baptized on the 13th or the 20th of this month. The Branch is doing great to support and help him along the path.

Reese and Sarah Dawson went to the temple in ABQ to do baptisms for the dead on Saturday and had a great experience. Reese said that he has never felt anything like he did in the temple. He said that allot of his questions were answered. I am so happy for them I love them so much! 

Oscar and Christabel (Las Cruces) set a baptismal date for November 1st, and are looking good for that date! They asked if I would baptize them, so we will probably make a special trip down there for that! I got super close to them while I served there. Elder Figgins and I found and taught them the lessons, they just struggled to accept the need to get baptized again. 

Lee Tsosie (Alamo RC) is getting close to go to the temple to get his endowment as well as Charolette and Billy Joe and Anita Apachito. I talked to Anita this morning on the phone and basically they are the only active members of the branch...it is super sad to see how fast the work slowed down out there... I am really praying that President sends me out there for my final 3 weeks.

Mark Corey (Academy Heights RC) should be going through the temple this next month as well! 

My release date is now official, I will be coming home on December 24th! Merry Christmas Eve! I am pretty sure that my flight leaves ABQ at like 6:30am and that I arrive in IF at like 12:30pm, we will see in the future. Just FYI

Hope all is well back home love you tons! 


Elder Nic Barrus
 
Wonderful weekend as I was blessed with the opportunity to both baptize and confirm Melanie. We were really praying that Devin was going to be able to get baptized as well, but it will probably be next Saturday, he is still super prepared and is really growing in the gospel! The work is definitely moving forward, and it is such a blessing to see! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment