Sunday, September 28, 2014

92nd Letter: "I love to see the temple, I went there yesterday!'

Hello Family,
Good to hear another report from the y'all! Glad to hear that everyone is doing pretty good. I have been doing great as well! Things definitely still havent slowed down that much which still is good, but definitely tiring!! We were blessed to go to the temple yesterday and that was absolutely amazing! It was such a revelatory experience for me, and had powerful witnesses from the spirit that I was standing in a holy place. This morning in my studies I pondered and studied allot about the temple and I came upon a powerful talk that taught me powerful lessons that I wanted to share. The talk is titled "Holy Places, Sacred Space" by Elder Neuenschwander 

"Great personal preparation is required for us to receive the spiritual benefit of standing in holy places. Holy places and sacred space are also distinguished by the sacrifice they require. Elder M. Russell Ballard has taught that “the word sacrifice means literally ‘to make sacred,’ or ‘to render sacred’” (“The Law of Sacrifice,”Ensign, Oct. 1998, 8; Liahona, Mar. 2002, 13). The words sacred and sacrifice come from the same root. One may not have the sacred without first sacrificing something for it. There can be no sacredness without personal sacrifice. Sacrifice sanctifies the sacred.
To many, the grove near the Smith farm in upstate New York is simply beautiful and peaceful. To Latter-day Saints across the world, however, it is sacred because of the faith and reverence we bring to it and the depth of sacrifice it represents." 
 
This really hit me hard, definitely taught me an eternal principle of how the words sacred and sacrifice relate. And how we are to make things sacred. It definitely is true to me for mission. My mission has been incredibly sacred to me, and that is because my mission has been full of sacrifices. I hope maybe you can take something from that and ponder on the things that are most sacred to you and why. 

Well as for an update on our area, we should be having 2 baptisms if all goes well. One this week and one next week, definitely the Lords hand would have to play a huge role to make it happen but I have faith that it will. 

So going back to Alamo was absolutely amazing! I could talk forever on the wonderful experiences that I had this weekend. I was able to introduce the elders to about 30 new people there. I wish that I had another day to be with them, there was tons of people that I still wanted them to meet. I pray that the work will begin to pick back up there. 

Well Family take care and have another great week! If you feel so impressed feel free to send me something!! 

4400 Presidential Drive Ne Suite E 
ABQ, NM 87109 
Love you tons                
Elder Nic Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment