Saturday, September 13, 2014

90th Letter: "A letter home!"

Dear Family!
Well hello again, its just your missionary here in Albuquerque again. Things sure are bright and sunny here, its starting to feel as though fall is upon us though! As it is no longer 98 degrees but rather 94 degrees! :) I wish I could say I love the weather, lets just say I love the weather at night when the sun has gone to bed. Well thanks so much for your letters and for sharing your personal experiences it really does mean allot and helps and strengthens me to know that I am not alone! 

Things here have been crazy busy! Transfers are back again which I cant believe, we have 21 new missionaries coming in next monday and then on wednesday we have 2 temple square missionaries coming in. Its pretty awesome to see the mission continue to grow and progress. We definitely have entered the final hour, The Lord has been hastening His work and it is ever evident! Our area is continuing to progress, we have been finding new investigators like crazy, and Devin has reset his baptismal date for in a couple weeks. We also have set baptismal dates with our investigators Josh and with our investigator Melvin! God is blessing us!  

So probably one of the worst things about being an assistant is having to be with the departing missionaries for their last day and having to take them to the airport. It has gotten harder and harder transfer after transfer, as I have come to know and love the missionaries that are leaving. This transfer I am having to say goodbye to Elder Lish and Elder Black, two former companions that have become super close friends.  

Well I am sure I have tons more to report on, but my mind is spent! Transfer planning is so spiritually exhausting which makes me physically exhausted! Just know that things are going super well and that I am growing each and every day! I have said it over and over again, but I absolutely love my mission. I have set goals of the things that I know that The Lord has for me to accomplish for my final 100 days... (makes me sick) but I am going to work my hardest and really do all I can to fulfill the work The Lord has for me.  


I love you soo sooo sooo much! 
Elder Nic Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment