Wednesday, December 17, 2014

104th Letter: "REZ Dog! :)"

Dear Family,
Well here I am again in the Magdalena public library writing home, it almost feels like I pressed the reset button on my mission! I wish.... Things are going absolutely amazing though! We had probably one of the best weeks of my mission. The only downside is that the last 3 days I have gotten a pretty bad cold, I have just worked through it, but it has been such a nagging bugger! I have being sick! I feel like I am on the getting better side of the sickness though so thats good. Being back in Alamo has been awesome to say the least! There are so many people out here that I love so much, and have changed my life! God definitely knows me personally, what an incredible blessing it is to be back. I have tried my hardest not to waste this opportunity either. We have worked our little tail feathers off, and the Lord has been rewarding us! We taught 25 investigator lessons, 24 of which were with a member present. We had 9 investigators at church and we have 8 baptismal dates...we be breakin records! :) It is sweet all of the baptisms that we will be having...after I leave, but are from either Anita or Charlotte, who by far are the most solid members on the Rez right now. The work out hear is exploding again! I have tons of stories to share, but honestly I am getting kind of tired of typing letters, so I will just share them with you next Saturday! :)

I have 2 legit companions though, Elder Hafoka from the island of Tonga this is the first time that he has ever been in America, he is hilarious! And then Elder Baird from Idaho Falls, he lives just off of Sunnyside to but down west of holmes I think. His parents should be to my homecoming next week so that should be cool. He is a great Elder as well! I couldnt have asked for better companions to finish my mission!

The number 7 principle I have learned on my mission:
"Enduring to the End is what counts"

For what seems like millions of times on my mission I have taught the 5 principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Which is probably one of my favorite lessons to teach! Because this knowledge is what was restored through the message of the Restoration, and is the key principle to the Plan of Salvation. But I have come to know on my mission that nothing really matters unless we endure to the end, we must keep living and nurturing every principle in the gospel for our whole lives! Each day we should strive to strengthen our faith in Christ, by reading, praying...etc. Each day we must repent of the mistakes that we make so that we can qualify for the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Each Sunday we must renew our covenants by partaking of the sacrament. Always we must follow the promptings of the spirit, and develop and strengthen that relationship.
  2 Nephi 31:20
 "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the  word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life"

Missionary work and anything in the gospel is so ineffective if we cant help people understand this principle we must all endure to the end in order to gain the wonderful blessing of eternal life! :)

Love you all and cant wait to see you soon!
Elder Nic Barrus
ps I will skype you briefly next week if that is ok with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment