Saturday, February 9, 2013

3rd Letter part 2


Alright so I just got back from lunch. The food here isn't too bad. First week I loved it, Second week it was aight, now im kinda getting sick of it, and its starting to really mess up my stomache if you know what I mean. So I'm looking forward to whatever food New Mexico brings me ha.
 
So yeah I already told Mom and Dad in my letter, but I am the travel leader (whatever that means) over the 20 missionaries headed to Albuquerque on Monday. I have a feeling that it is going to be really annoying, keeping track of everyone, making sure that they are on the right flight and what not. Hopefully everyone in our group has flown before. So we have to be down at the MTC travel office at 4 am that morning. Our flight leaves SLC to pheonix at 7:55 and then we have an hour layover there at around 9 am before we head to Albuquerque so I'll be calling you guys around then. 
 
And I forgot to tell you guys who I have been seeing, my first Sunday, (the day before Logan Tibbitts left) I finally saw him. It was a real emotional booster to be able to see him and to relate some of the feelings that we have been having. I see tons of other people from Hillcrest that you guys don't know. But I see Michael Wynn almost daily, and I saw Derick Moser here the other day it was good to see him too.
 
Mom and Dad, have you filed my taxes yet? Im glad to hear that Mom is driving my car, its probably alot easier to drive downtown and it will save on gas.
 
AH YEAH another thing that I have to tell you guys, and Mom is going to be so proud of me! I joined the missionary choir!! They sing at every Devo (on Tuesday nights) And they did a close up on me on the jumbo tron, it was awesome!! haha no but Devo was amazing Elder Don R. Clarke from the seventy, I have heard him speak many of times. Hes a really good speaker, really pasionate and direct. He talked about 4 principles of missionary work, which are finding, teaching, converting, and retaining. It was really good and I wish I could go into more detail of what he talked about.
 
So Happy Birthday Zac!! I really tried to get your address so that I could send your gift to you before your birthday, but you probably won't get it till next Monday or Tuesday. Just know that I love you and hope you are having a great day (probably working.)
 
Take Care my family, love ya tons!!! Thanks for the packages, and letters they are great!! 
Love,
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment