Saturday, February 9, 2013

3rd Letter


Dear Family,
I think I have finally got this language down, Its taken me a while, but I now feel comfortable in my teaching. haha Nah but I cant believe that my time here at the MTC is almost up, it seems like it was just yesterday that you guys threw me out onto the curb! I have learned so so so much in my experience here, and have really grown to love the MTC. I really see my testimony growing each and everyday. I know that the spirit is just pounding on me to teach me so many things, but it is just up to me if I want to learn them. I have really grown to have a deeper love for the Book of Mormon and also for prayer. As I have been reading versus stick out to me and the spirit really teaches me as I read, I have read the Book of Mormon twice all the way through before coming to the MTC, but I feel like I have learned more in my reading here than I have in my readings outside the MTC. I often find myself saying wow how can I have not read these amazing versus before, or atleast recognized their amazingness until now... I'm in a way disapointed in how I use to glance over amazing doctrines and teachings that are found in the Book of Mormon. There is so much to learn, and that is what is amazing. You can never have a perfect knowledge of the Book, (it's too complicated and too big to have that) when reading it involves alot of pondering and praying on what the spirit wants you to learn from it. When we don't read it we are taking advantage of the many blessings that can be poured upon us. One thing that I have really learned here is that every verse has meaning and can teach us, but its up to us if we want to put the time in to let the spirit teach us. We spent a whole hour studying the "dwelt in the tent" verse ha and it was such an amazing experience. It sounds kinda funny but I learned so much about the meaning of the verse.
 
So it sounds like you guys want to know what really goes on here at the MTC. so I'll kinda show you a schedule:
--------------------------------------------------- 
6:25 Wake up
7:00 Breakfast
7:30-10:30 Class
10:30-11:30 Study
11:30 Lunch
12:00-3:00 Study
3:00-4:00 TRC (teach random volunteers)
4:30 Dinner
5:15-8:15 Class
8:20-9:30 Zone teaching (older elders teach the younger elders)
9:30-10:15 daily planning 
10:15 quiet time
10:30 lights out
-------------------------------------------------
The days are incredibly long and exhausting, but the schedule has been approved by the First Presidency so it must be aight. I feel like I have so much still to learn after being here 3 weeks. I cant imagine how the 2 weekers feel, its crazy im sure their schedules are alot more crazier than mine. 

Im going to write another letter after Lunch around 1 so expect that.
Take Care Family
Love,
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment