Saturday, January 18, 2014

51st Letter: "Hey Hey Family!"

Dear Family, 
A miracle truly has been performed in the Barrus Family! Congrats Zac and Chelsea on having a GIRL!! I am still not sure if maybe you are all pulling a fast one on me or not, but hey I will believe it when I see it (or her) in a year!! No but that is super awesome she is going to be a rocking softball player!! And Sister Missionary, the Barrus family needs some of those!! 2014 Is going to be such an awesome year for y'all and it sounds like Dad, Mom and Amanda are starting it off right with going on a vacation!! I hope you will have some fun in the sun!! :) Well I have been doing great! It was a great week last week and I am starting to get a better feel of which direction this zone is heading in. There were some awesome moves within the zone and we got some stellar hard working missionaries that know how to get things done, so that is what I like to see!!  

I personally have devoted myself to make 2014 the year of miracles! I have said this over and over again, but it really does make me sick to think that my mission is half over. I look back over 2013 and am humbled by how many blessings that I was given, how many miracles that I was able to be apart of. I dont know what I have done to make myself worthy to receive such blessings. The last couple of weeks I came to a conclusion that the reason that I havent been blessed with success so far in Rio Rancho is because I hadnt have been grateful for the blessings that I have been given to this point of my mission. I truly was humbled at that moment I realized it. And I have seen a distinct change in my missionary work. The Lord has kind of poked me in the side and said most missionaries arent able to have this much success and why arent you grateful for what you have. 

So since that kind of realization that I went through we have been experiencing success! We have been finding people to teach and we have just felt more fulfilling after each day. We found a man named Frank and a different man named Steve just this last week and taught them super powerful Restoration lessons. I am excited to see where that goes. Emery the 10yr old was suppose to get baptized on Saturday but his anti dad put a hold on it. Emery is going to call his dad today and tell him how much he wants to get baptized. So we are pretty confident that he will be baptized in the coming weeks! He is awesome! Also we had a huge miracle were an investigator from the Bernalillo ward moved into our ward, she is 15 and has a super strong testimony! She is going to be baptized next month when her lesbian mom allows her too! Wonderful things are happening!! I am super excited for this upcoming transfer!!

Love you my dear family a ton!! I hope you all have a great week!! I leave you with a challenge this week though! Have a missionary moment, live your life uncensored! When you are on the airplane flying to Georgia tell the person sitting next to you that you went to church on Sunday and heard a powerful message or that you really enjoy Family History. You dont have to have a big missionary experience, just open your mouth!! The Lord works through the willing....so be WILLING!! :) 
Love you much
Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment