Tuesday, January 28, 2014

53rd Letter: "YOLO!"

Dear Family, 
Well it is great to be here again writing the most awesomeness family in the world again!! Life is so good isn't it? Something that has really hit me this last week is how wonderful God's creations are. When I look at this wonderful world that is just full of testimonies that God exists it truly humbles me. And to think that God created all of this just for us! SO that we could come here and experience life! It simply is amazing!! And when you look deep enough into it, you could say that God created this world for Missionary work!! That's how important all of this is!!

Well my dear brothers and sisters, and parents! I have been doing really good! I am super excited for the things that are happening and that are going to happen in this area! On Saturday the 1st of February Kat Andrew is going to be getting baptized! :) So we are looking forward to that wonderful day!! And then on the 15th Emery Nelson is looking solid to get baptized! A bunch of miracles right? :) And that isnt the biggest of them!! On Sunday we had 2 totally random people show up at church and are super interested in learning about the church! That never happens haha it is awesome!! Wait no that has to be the biggest of all of the miracles! Nope thats not it!....... drum roll!! We got a new bishopric! And the new bishop (Bishop Pitts) is the biggest help and encourager for missionary work that we have in the ward!! In the new bishopric there are a combined 5 missionaries out from their families!! Needless to say we are pumped! And there are so many miracles already happening from it! My words couldnt have described my frustration with the ward and the lack of drive from the leaders to even consider talking about the missionary work. That has now changed! Our last ward council was the best one that I have been in yet! Super Happy!! :) 

Once again life is good, and I am super happy! This work is so fun to be apart of. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else right now!! This zone taught way more than average this last week and it is only increasing in every category!! It is super humbling to be apart of. As the inspiring words of a fish once said "just keep swimming".... "just keep working" and that is just what we shall do! :) Miracles always follow!!

My challenge to my wonderful family this week is! Sometime tonight I want you to sit down, personally or as a family and decide on one person that you are acquainted with that isnt apart of this church or that is less active. And make them apart of your prayers, maybe they arent even close to coming back or to the knowledge of this gospel, but I promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ that if you do this you will be blessed to the miracle of missionary work. Be willing instruments in the Lords hands. We are all he has to work with!! :) 
 
Love you my dear family!! Take care!!
Elder Barrus 





Didn't get the story from Elder Barrus on this so I'll have to ask next time

No comments:

Post a Comment