Wednesday, January 22, 2014

52nd Letter: "1 year anniversary!!"

Dear Family. 
So I just finished writing my big long letter to you and it deleted.... So I will try my best with the time that I have to write you. Well from the famous words of a primary song "I am one year older and wiser to", and I definitely feel allot wiser. This year of my life has been amazing!! I am in awe of what has taken place!! I just thank my Heavenly Father for this blessed opportunity that I have been given and I hope to repay him through diligent and consecrated service this upcoming year!! Well Family it sounded like Dad, Mom and Amanda had a wonderful time in Savannah! That is awesome! I am super jealous!! :) 

So this last week was simply amazing things have been going awesome. And this area is only improving. Elder Black and I have been working our tails off. The ward has not changed a lick and has only gotten worse and so we went and met with our awesome stake President Rounsville from Blackfoot. And he assured us that there are going to be some exciting changes that we are looking forward to. We have been fasting and praying for success despite the ward situation and things are on the up. We had a miracle this last week as Emery received permission from his Dad to get baptized!! So he now is looking really solid to get baptized on February 15th. And anther miracle that has taken place is we recently had an solid investigator move into our area named Kat, I think I told you about her, but her lesbian mom is letting her get baptized on her 16th birthday! Yay! We have been finding new investigators allot more often as well which I definitely attribute to our faith in looking forward and not back! 

Family! I miss you!! But I love what I am doing! This is the greatest work in the world. This is an eternal work, and we all need to be apart of it. Lift were you stand and be an instrument in the Lords hand. I am grateful for the missionary moments that you shared with me. They really strengthen me. Keep sharing them I would love to hear where your focus is!! Thanks my dear family for your love and support! I feel it!! By the way the greatest happiness you can feel as a missionary I just felt. I just found out that Fredrick Mckay got put in the Elders quorum presidency in the Academy Heights ward!! :)

Love
Elder Barrus 

No comments:

Post a Comment